Home » Community » Shapeways Shops » Enhanced Shop description page
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Enhanced Shop description page [message #14715] Tue, 13 July 2010 21:02 UTC Go to next message
avatar woody64  is currently offline woody64
Go to my shop
Maybe I was the only person who was not aware of this:

If you copy a part of a html page into the shop extended description the complete html layout is taken over.

As result:
- design your shop descrption in any html editor
- go into WYSIWYG mode
- copy the result
- paste it in the extended shop description
- save it

I always tried only the features (bold, italic, underline) and was complaining about the missing links functionality.
Since also adding some html code didn't work it was a missing feature for me.
Never had the idea to copy a ready formatted html page.

Thanks to virtox for advising me to do that.

Woody64
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/MinifigCustomsIn3d
Re: Enhanced Shop description page [message #14719 is a reply to message #14715 ] Tue, 13 July 2010 21:53 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar virtox  is currently offline virtox
Go to my shop
Ah ! Now I understand your question Smile
The shop description edit box seems to miss some buttons !

But, I never use those inline tools anyway, copy-pasting from an off-line editor is much easier.

Well, glad I could help Smile

Cheers,

Stijn

- Artist / Engineer / Designer / Shopowner / Volunteer / Moderator -
Re: Enhanced Shop description page [message #14721 is a reply to message #14715 ] Tue, 13 July 2010 23:59 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar rawkstar320  is currently offline rawkstar320
Go to my shop
I noticed that recently it allowed you to add paragraphs, I didnt notice the bold and other HTML stuff you can add. Thats really cool. Ill have to play with that sometime. Razz

Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
Check out http://JakeDrews.Com and http://WondrousWidgets.Com for more designs by Jake!
Re: Enhanced Shop description page [message #14722 is a reply to message #14715 ] Wed, 14 July 2010 00:33 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar GHP  is currently offline GHP
Go to my shop
This is nice, but are other people having any luck adding Shop Sections or Categories from this page? I still can't do that.
Re: Enhanced Shop description page [message #14725 is a reply to message #14719 ] Wed, 14 July 2010 04:44 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar woody64  is currently offline woody64
Go to my shop
@virtox
Yes, you can simple copy it. But it's only possible for this kind of box since the shapeways programmers have used a special kind of input type. It doesn't work for any other. You can't do that with the decription input box.

@GHP you mean adding a link to a shop section in the extended description?

Woody64
Re: Enhanced Shop description page [message #14726 is a reply to message #14725 ] Wed, 14 July 2010 06:57 UTC Go to previous message
avatar GHP  is currently offline GHP
Go to my shop
Actually, I meant that I couldn't add shop sections and categories on the same page where you enter the shop description, but maybe that's only in Internet Explorer 8. I've now tried it in Firefox, and I was able to add shop sections (although some other things aren't working quite as expected, e.g. going directly to the last page of my items after moving one from the end to the start). Now my problem is that it isn't showing all the items I've added to all of my categories, although it usually seems to show most of them. The first time I checked in Firefox, I had just finished adding them and was still logged in, and it was showing only a small sample in all but one category. I then tried it without logging in in Internet Explorer, and it did much better, but still missed items in some categories.

Edit: I guess they weren't showing up in the shop sections because of a delay in the updates. They all seem to be showing up now.

[Updated on: Wed, 14 July 2010 07:02 UTC]

Previous Topic:ustream live webcast: offering includement ideas
Next Topic:Why does it take now hours to verify a model?

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.