Home » Support » 3D Design » Blendermade anorganic design
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
icon5.gif  Blendermade anorganic design [message #14622] Sat, 10 July 2010 21:56 UTC Go to next message
avatar mlautenb  is currently offline mlautenb
Go to my shop
Hey.
I got some trouble with this design, based on a building.
When I upload it, I get the "Only manifold objects can be printed" error.
I used the "Show Non-Manifold" function of Blender and nothing showed up. I also used "Recalculate normals outside" and checked manually for inverted normals.
Any ideas, somebody?

Greetings, Markus

Re: Blendermade anorganic design [message #14624 is a reply to message #14622 ] Sat, 10 July 2010 22:57 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar PuzzleMaster6262  is currently offline PuzzleMaster6262
Go to my shop
Try importing the file back into Blender. I had troubles when exporting to stl. In blender everything was good but shapeways said it wasn't. I imported the stl file back into blender and discovered that when exporting, parts fused together and made it non manifold.
Re: Blendermade anorganic design [message #14626 is a reply to message #14624 ] Sat, 10 July 2010 23:39 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Thanks for the quick answer.
The import script for X3D, what I'm usually using, failes for some reason.
But I tried wrl/vrml97 and it looks like it's ripping my model apart during export. I can't see why, it's the roofs of the houses that get seperated and these aren't anything fancy.
Re: Blendermade anorganic design [message #14627 is a reply to message #14626 ] Sat, 10 July 2010 23:54 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
forgot the file.

Re: Blendermade anorganic design [message #14628 is a reply to message #14626 ] Sun, 11 July 2010 00:41 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stannum  is currently offline stannum
Go to my shop
Blender splits in a per material basis. It could read all as single mesh with multiple materials, but it doesn't.
Re: Blendermade anorganic design [message #14630 is a reply to message #14622 ] Sun, 11 July 2010 09:10 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar dizingof  is currently offline dizingof
Go to all my models
Hi

I fixed it for you , based on the .wrl version

You should know that non manifold issue means also if you don't fix it manually (cleaning the inside walls between 2 intersecting parts) your cost of printing is a bit higher as these inner walls are calculated in the total volume of the model.

3D-printing modeling isn't Lego Rolling Eyes

http://www.3Dizingof.com

icon7.gif  Re: Blendermade anorganic design [message #14633 is a reply to message #14630 ] Sun, 11 July 2010 14:40 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
Thanks stannum, there were mesh groups for additional materials and removing them made it printable:
http://www.shapeways.com/model/135900/zwinger003.html.

@dizingof: Yeah, I should do some boolian to remove this.

Previous Topic:How can this 4cm² shape be 40$
Next Topic:Boolean in Blender