Home » Community » General Discussion » categories question
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
categories question [message #14563] Fri, 09 July 2010 08:56 UTC Go to next message
avatar MichielCornelissen  is currently offline MichielCornelissen
Go to my shop
I'm just getting round to fiddling with the new categories... is it true that I can select only one category, or is the interface playing up? Using firefox on mac.

For some of my models it seems I can't change the default at all...

www.michielcornelissen.com
twitter: @michiel_ontwerp
Re: categories question [message #14564 is a reply to message #14563 ] Fri, 09 July 2010 09:40 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar fx2  is currently offline fx2
Go to my shop
Same problem for me. Additionally, I have to switch to IE 8 to be able to add my models into categories . These menus simply don't work for me on win 7 Firefox 3.6.6 (loading blue page shows up and nothing happens).
Re: categories question [message #14566 is a reply to message #14564 ] Fri, 09 July 2010 09:42 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar jdl  is currently offline jdl
Go to all my models
I will report to our tech guys
Re: categories question [message #14568 is a reply to message #14563 ] Fri, 09 July 2010 09:44 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar jdl  is currently offline jdl
Go to all my models
Michiel,
you should be able to add 2 categories to each product
Re: categories question [message #14569 is a reply to message #14563 ] Fri, 09 July 2010 10:45 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
It seems I can choose one category and a subcategory; and one where I'm stuck in the main category. Or something, I doesn't seem to behave consistently.

Re: categories question [message #14572 is a reply to message #14569 ] Fri, 09 July 2010 10:52 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar virtox  is currently offline virtox
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
What is probably happening : models where automatically added to the appropriate sub-categories. (without tagging the main parent category)
So probably one of the sub-categories is still tagged, preventing you from adding new ones.

Whoops never mind Rolling Eyes

[Updated on: Fri, 09 July 2010 21:00 UTC]

- Artist / Engineer / Designer / Shopowner / Volunteer / Moderator -
Re: categories question [message #14573 is a reply to message #14563 ] Fri, 09 July 2010 11:14 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar barrys  is currently offline barrys
Go to all my models
I work here
Michiel, can you tell me for which model ID's, you got the problems?

Last tuesday all models that had only the subcategorie chosen were also added to the appriopiate parent categories, so that problem should have been solved.

I will also look into the problems with the 'hanging' blue overlay in Firefox.
Re: categories question [message #14598 is a reply to message #14573 ] Fri, 09 July 2010 18:27 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Magic  is currently offline Magic
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Shapeways Crew
Michiel,

Once the first category/sub-caterory is selected, did you try checking directly the second sub-category box without checking the second category?
Re: categories question [message #14599 is a reply to message #14598 ] Fri, 09 July 2010 18:45 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Magic wrote on Fri, 09 July 2010 18:27

Michiel,

Once the first category/sub-caterory is selected, did you try checking directly the second sub-category box without checking the second category?

Brilliant magic - that seems to work!

Re: categories question [message #14602 is a reply to message #14599 ] Fri, 09 July 2010 18:49 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Magic  is currently offline Magic
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Shapeways Crew
Smile
Now what we know what the work-around is, I am convinced Shapeways team will soon fix the bug...

Previous Topic:Last night's webcast now online, chatbox open
Next Topic:The Dutch Soccer Girls are ready

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.