Home » Support » 3D Design » whats wrong with this WRL file
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
whats wrong with this WRL file [message #14347] Sun, 04 July 2010 10:04 UTC Go to next message
avatar Jettuh  is currently offline Jettuh
Go to my shop
Hi guys,

can somebody help me with my file,, normally it's no problem uploading an WRL file,, but today i keep getting emails with:

We're sorry, but there was a problem with processing your product called '2312'. It didn't pass all the checks that we run to make sure a product is printable. Here's the error message:

The fileformat of your object cannot be processed by our software. Please investigate the problem and try again.

can somebody check my file? Embarassed

• Attachment: cta2.zip
    (Size: 348.26KB, Downloaded 103 time(s))

Re: whats wrong with this WRL file [message #14348 is a reply to message #14347 ] Sun, 04 July 2010 10:28 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar virtox  is currently offline virtox
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Helpful message isn't it Wink

I had it before (sometimes), couldn't figure out what it was.
After rebuilding the model it usually works again :S

It does look like you have some sort of "Grouped" object in the vrml file, not sure.. only had a quick look.. did seem familiar in structure
Try a single object with all meshes "attached" (Edit mesh/Edit poly)

Also centering the object to your world before export might make it acceptable.

But it is Sunday, and very Sunny, so my advice may be useless Wink

Cheers,

Stijn

- Artist / Engineer / Designer / Shopowner / Volunteer / Moderator -
Re: whats wrong with this WRL file [message #14351 is a reply to message #14348 ] Sun, 04 July 2010 11:24 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Jettuh  is currently offline Jettuh
Go to my shop
thanx Virtox,

i did group is first because i had to resize it (WRL doesn't count in mm but in cm if i'm correct)

that probably the thing that messes the file!

thanx again!

before i'm going to try, i'm going to sit in the sun with a beautifull green bottle Very Happy (heineken)
Re: whats wrong with this WRL file [message #14354 is a reply to message #14351 ] Sun, 04 July 2010 13:15 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stonysmith  is currently offline stonysmith
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
WRL dimensions are uploaded as METERS.. so divide by 1000 if you want to work in MMs

[Updated on: Sun, 04 July 2010 13:15 UTC]

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products
Re: whats wrong with this WRL file [message #14424 is a reply to message #14347 ] Tue, 06 July 2010 09:45 UTC Go to previous message
avatar bartv  is currently offline bartv
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I can't seem to find a problem with the file itself, so I'll pass it on to our developers. I'll ask them about the 'grouping'. In the mean time I think that joining the objects into one object and then re-exporting should make it work again.

Bart

[Updated on: Tue, 06 July 2010 09:46 UTC]

Community Manager Europe | Shapeways

Previous Topic:Ball joints and other moving parts
Next Topic:3D Noob w/ a Wall Thickness Question

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.