Home » Community » It arrived! » Gear Buttons, Triple Gear Necklace, and squishy Spiral Necklace
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Gear Buttons, Triple Gear Necklace, and squishy Spiral Necklace [message #14093] Tue, 29 June 2010 18:48 UTC Go to next message
avatar Charmed_Life_Designs  is currently offline Charmed_Life_Designs
Go to my shop
Three of my long- awaited designs have finally arrived! Very Happy

First up is my gear buttons. I ordered them in Grey Robust and Alumide.

index.php?t=getfile&id=3969&private=0

They came out really well! The grey robust material is what I expected 3d printing to be from the beginning: hard plastic, low detail, with visible ridges. But, it works with these steampunk buttons, and I'm really happy with the way they came out!

Next is my Triple Gear Necklace in WSF:

index.php?t=getfile&id=3970&private=0

Again, I'm very happy with the way it came out. I didn't mean for it to actually work, so it was no surprise that the gears fused to the sides. But the hanging loop turned nicely after I dislodged some remaining support material. I might tweak the gears just a little so there's more definition in the fused parts, but it's okay the way it is.

Finally, my pride and joy, the squishy Spiral Pendant!

index.php?t=getfile&id=3971&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=3973&private=0

This is my first experience printing something flexible in the dyed WSF material, and I'm just as giddy as can be! It's so fun to stretch and squish, I keep acting like a little kid playing with it. Wink

I can't wait for my next order! Shapeways continues to impress!

When in doubt... Duct tape!
Re: Gear Buttons, Triple Gear Necklace, and squishy Spiral Necklace [message #14099 is a reply to message #14093 ] Tue, 29 June 2010 21:09 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar cyborg_ar  is currently offline cyborg_ar
Go to all my models
They turned out looking much better than i expected!
Re: Gear Buttons, Triple Gear Necklace, and squishy Spiral Necklace [message #14131 is a reply to message #14093 ] Wed, 30 June 2010 18:08 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar euphy  is currently offline euphy
Go to my shop
That squishy pendant is very cute.
Re: Gear Buttons, Triple Gear Necklace, and squishy Spiral Necklace [message #14286 is a reply to message #14131 ] Fri, 02 July 2010 17:43 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Charmed_Life_Designs  is currently offline Charmed_Life_Designs
Go to my shop
I'm almost afraid I'll break it by squishing it too much. Razz Well, I can always get another one, that's the beauty of Shapeways!

When in doubt... Duct tape!
Re: Gear Buttons, Triple Gear Necklace, and squishy Spiral Necklace [message #14287 is a reply to message #14093 ] Fri, 02 July 2010 17:51 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
I bet you could sell them too Verizon, I know they'd love to finally crush AT&T. (Kinda looks like the AT&T logo)

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate

Previous Topic:parts for micro-helicopter and second order
Next Topic:Legion Flight Ring

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.