Home » Support » 3D Applications » Export from trueSpace
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
icon5.gif  Export from trueSpace [message #497] Sat, 02 August 2008 01:12 UTC Go to next message
avatar lunadude  is currently offline lunadude
Go to all my models
I have trueSpace 6.6 and 7.6, and Deep Exploration 3.5. All can export .STL format models.

I've tried uploading the same model, exported from each of these apps. No dice.

I'm not sure if the issue is with a corrupt format, or a damaged/too thin model. Will have to try something else to verify.

Anyways, the model export matrix on http://www.shapeways.com/tutorials/supported-applications, claims that trueSpace is supported, with a Collada export that is "native". I don't see a Collada export option in either versions of trueSpace.

What am I missing?
Re: Export from trueSpace [message #556 is a reply to message #497 ] Mon, 04 August 2008 07:50 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar bartv  is currently offline bartv
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Hi lunadude,

the problem is probably with the size of your object - our STL importer currently interprets 1 STL unit as 1 meter (which is a bit non-standard - we'll fix that in the next release). Scaling everything down by a factor of 100 should solve the issue.

Cheers,

Bart

Community Manager Europe | Shapeways
Re: Export from trueSpace [message #571 is a reply to message #556 ] Mon, 04 August 2008 13:17 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar lunadude  is currently offline lunadude
Go to all my models
Ok, so it may be a "units" issue.

Any idea on the formats question?
Re: Export from trueSpace [message #602 is a reply to message #571 ] Tue, 05 August 2008 06:27 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
lunadude wrote on Mon, 04 August 2008 09:17

Ok, so it may be a "units" issue.

Any idea on the formats question?

Hmm no - I picked that up from their on-line documentation somewhere. Looks like I'll have to re-do my homework Wink

Cheers,

Bart

Re: Export from trueSpace [message #1354 is a reply to message #602 ] Thu, 18 September 2008 11:58 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Lunadude,

I don't have trueSpace running here myself so I cannot check, but I see announcements everywhere that Collada export should have been added in 7.5.. Maybe it's tucked away somewhere you didn't look yet?

About those STL files, did you succeed in getting them uploaded? If not, could you mail them to bart(at)shapeways(dot)com so I can check them out? I have a few other ideas that I'd like to try.

Cheers,

Bart

Previous Topic:Game model
Next Topic:3D Print Design Programs

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.