Home » Support » 3D Applications » 3dsmax Plugin
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
3dsmax Plugin [message #10382] Wed, 03 March 2010 01:01 UTC Go to next message
avatar LKmedia  is currently offline LKmedia
Go to my shop
Hi.
I am looking for a certain max plugin which helps you with manifold checking and other stuff. There was a link here somewhere on this site but I cannot find it back. So for future searches I hope this thread will be found with the plugin mentioned below. Thanks in advance.
Re: 3dsmax Plugin [message #10385 is a reply to message #10382 ] Wed, 03 March 2010 06:46 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar virtox  is currently offline virtox
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Not sure why it won't show up in the search, I think you mean this :

http://www.shapeways.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=714&am p;start=0

Has only a simple manifold check, suitable for lower polygon models.

Hmm, It could really use an update I see Rolling Eyes

- Artist / Engineer / Designer / Shopowner / Volunteer / Moderator -
Re: 3dsmax Plugin [message #10412 is a reply to message #10385 ] Wed, 03 March 2010 20:12 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar LKmedia  is currently offline LKmedia
Go to my shop
Thank you very much. This is the one I was looking for.

Yes, the manifold check is weak in speed but you usually just need to check the lowpoly beginning mesh. The resulting object should stay being a manifold if not heavily altered (deleting polies, sewing edges,etc.).

Thanks again.
Re: 3dsmax Plugin [message #13323 is a reply to message #10382 ] Wed, 02 June 2010 06:22 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar sFsGaming  is currently offline sFsGaming
Go to my shop
Maybe I'm missing something here, but Max has a modifier called STL Check, which will tell you of any holes or errors in your objects.

Go to the Modify tab and scroll down the modifiers list to find it.
Re: 3dsmax Plugin [message #13382 is a reply to message #10382 ] Fri, 04 June 2010 15:47 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar WelshDesigns  is currently offline WelshDesigns
Go to my shop
Yeah, I use STL check all the time, and have never had issues as long as I fix anything it shows me. It doesn't list "manifold" (in my Max version anyway) but if you select all errors, it's obvious what to fix afterwards. I've written a small script that does a weld verts, and STL check all in one, and I use it all the time, works great.
Re: 3dsmax Plugin [message #13391 is a reply to message #13382 ] Fri, 04 June 2010 22:28 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar virtox  is currently offline virtox
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Yeah the STL check is quite a good error check, I use it often myself.

I don't remember, but there were a few situations where it gave a "no errors" message, but shapeways didn't accept them.
So I built that brute force version into the script.

But it's mains purpose was of course the volume and pricing stuff.

- Artist / Engineer / Designer / Shopowner / Volunteer / Moderator -
Re: 3dsmax Plugin [message #13394 is a reply to message #13391 ] Sat, 05 June 2010 04:51 UTC Go to previous message
avatar sFsGaming  is currently offline sFsGaming
Go to my shop
Yes, I'm sorry, I forgot that your plugin had other functions specific to Shapeways. Embarassed

Previous Topic:Too thin, too many shells- Revit>stl>blender>here
Next Topic:Scaling problem when exporting STL from 3DMAX

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.