Home » Support » 3D Printing » Higher resolution prints
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Higher resolution prints [message #11193] Mon, 29 March 2010 01:44 UTC Go to next message
avatar Mark_Kendrick  is currently offline Mark_Kendrick
Go to my shop
G'day all,
Comparing Shapeways product to those of other RP houses, seems that SW isn't getting as high a resolution as others who use the same or similar machines and materials.
Would it be possible to get parts printed finer? I'd be more than happy to pay a higher price for extended machine time.
Even if it cost 150% or 200% current costs, for top quality production it would be worth it.

Anyone else want higher resolution/finer/smoother prints and willing to pay the extra $$ for it?
Re: Higher resolution prints [message #11194 is a reply to message #11193 ] Mon, 29 March 2010 02:51 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar dadrummond  is currently offline dadrummond
Go to my shop
Yes.

------------------
Elytra on Shapeways: http://www.shapeways.com/shops/elytra
Re: Higher resolution prints [message #11195 is a reply to message #11194 ] Mon, 29 March 2010 03:14 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar daddymack  is currently offline daddymack
Go to my shop
me too:D~
Re: Higher resolution prints [message #11208 is a reply to message #11193 ] Mon, 29 March 2010 17:13 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Jonah  is currently offline Jonah
Go to all my models
Absolutely, I'm making some tiny stuff and need as much resolution possible.

J
Re: Higher resolution prints [message #13351 is a reply to message #11208 ] Thu, 03 June 2010 16:21 UTC Go to previous message
avatar EricFinley  is currently offline EricFinley
Go to my shop
Count me in, especially for stainless. Although the issue of weight and green-state robustness would of course still be present.

Previous Topic:Support for "floppy" structure in stainless steel
Next Topic:White detail - soft and waxy?