Home » Support » Bug Reporting » rating system - stars
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
rating system - stars [message #13019] Wed, 19 May 2010 19:34 UTC
avatar jeff  is currently offline jeff
Go to my shop
so i know there's been a lot of discussion of the rating system here. I was wondering if there are any plans of updating the system or changing it anytime soon?

I'd like to see it setup so only those who have purchased the items are able to rate them. This would show at least how many people have bought the item and what they thought of it (of those that rate it). there could be an automated email prompt to rate the model to help increase the number of ratings. And they could be dependent on the revision of the product, so when the designer updates the model and maybe fixes things people had issues with they'll get new ratings. i really think apple's rating system for apps is a great example to look toward.

my issue w/ the current system is that the stars could mean any of the following:
"wow i bought this and it works awesome" 5 star
"wow this looks cool in that rendering" 5 star
"oh this competes with my product" 1 star

or you can vote for your own by setting up multiple accounts.

I started this conversation over in another forum. Lensman commented on it there
Yes, it is a nice design. And since it's been mentioned, I too, would like to know what are the most popular items being purchased. I also agree about not being able to rate unless you've purchased the item; that, however, could bring up problems. Suppose someone buys something but is not a "regular" visitor here. They like what they bought. Will they return to rate it? Unlikely. Now, if they DON'T like it, will they return to rate it? - More likely. This ultimately could mean more negative rates than positive...

Jeff Bare
Industrial Designer
@jbaredesign

Previous Topic:arrived broken
Next Topic:Avoiding manual checks for failed models

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.