Home » Community » It arrived! » Faceball
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Faceball [message #12233] Tue, 27 April 2010 16:44 UTC Go to next message
avatar BeepBeep3D  is currently offline BeepBeep3D
Go to my shop
My Faceball model arrived a few days ago.
http://www.shapeways.com/model/112903/faceball.html
I love it. Surprised

It's printed in "White Detail".
This wasn't designed for Shapeways, it's an older model I cleaned up to test and it turned out great. Even his little veins and pustules on his back turned out nicely.

http://i41.tinypic.com/w7ehb8.jpg

http://i42.tinypic.com/v5lmpd.jpg

[Updated on: Tue, 27 April 2010 16:45 UTC]

Re: Faceball [message #12242 is a reply to message #12233 ] Tue, 27 April 2010 17:37 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar 4m3D  is currently offline 4m3D
Go to my shop
Fun part! What was it originally designed for?

--------------------------------------------
Todd Bailey
Owner and Creative Designer
4m3D Creative Design
www.4m3d.com
Skype Me!! - todd.4m3d
twitter - www.twitter.com/4m3D or @4m3D
Facebook Fan Page - http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fredericton-NB/4m3D/1706911563 28?ref=nf
Re: Faceball [message #12246 is a reply to message #12233 ] Tue, 27 April 2010 18:09 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva is currently online Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
I believe the movie was Major League that had the smiling ball on the cover? The movie with Wild Thing. Anyways, the same day I was thinking of something like this, I see it on the front page. Beat to the punch again Razz.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: Faceball [message #12262 is a reply to message #12246 ] Wed, 28 April 2010 05:36 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
@4m3D
It was originally a Mudbox test. but I had to delete and redo the interior to save costs. I also reduce the poly count to get it under the 500K limit.

@Youknowwho4eva
Haven't seen that film (Googles it) Uh no that's kinda different. This is probably most similar to a MadBall if you remember them.
Re: Faceball [message #12273 is a reply to message #12233 ] Wed, 28 April 2010 16:01 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
Where those the ones with like a million to collect, and the were rubber, or the ones that you smacked and they said stuff?

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
Re: Faceball [message #12348 is a reply to message #12273 ] Fri, 30 April 2010 12:59 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
@youknowwho4eva
They were just rubber with ugly faces on them Smile
Re: Faceball [message #12349 is a reply to message #12233 ] Fri, 30 April 2010 13:19 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
Ah the good ole days. I think it's a shame this is at 3 stars. The weird thing, it had 3 votes and was at 3 stars. I gave it 5 and it stayed at 3 stars.

Re: Faceball [message #12351 is a reply to message #12233 ] Fri, 30 April 2010 13:39 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Thanks man Very Happy
It had 3 votes and was at 5 starts then the forth guy must have voted one star because it dropped to 3 stars Sad

We need to organise a drive to get people voting on models to get things fair ratings. Most models have so few votes one or two one star votes can trash your review.
Re: Faceball [message #12355 is a reply to message #12233 ] Fri, 30 April 2010 17:46 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
That and it's nearly impossible to get back up to a 5 star ever.

Previous Topic:Tiny Steely Gyroid makes me smile
Next Topic:Gear Snake by OSKAR

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.