Home » Support » Bug Reporting » Similar models and printed works on front page
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Similar models and printed works on front page [message #1206] Thu, 04 September 2008 21:14 UTC Go to next message
avatar Hieron  is currently offline Hieron
Go to all my models
Just 2 suggestions:

- Give the option to not show varieties of similar objects in the gallery. I don't think anyone is genuinely interested in the sheer load of candle light holder models. You can't read the text, they are all alike.. Just show 1 and hide varieties behind it or so. It clutters.

- Show actual printed models on the front page, not the 3d renders. That's not "what our customers did with their printed models". A good suggestion was made before (sorry forgot name), ask people if you are allowed to make a picture of it. (have a specific place setup for it, and just take a picture of every nice model that passes the pipe line quickly)

Just my 2 cents
Re: Similar models and printed works on front page [message #1216 is a reply to message #1206 ] Fri, 05 September 2008 17:34 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar robert  is currently offline robert
Go to all my models
I work here
Hi Hieron,

You made 2 good suggestions.

I can announce that the first one has arrived today. The Shapeways Creator models are now gone from the Gallery by default.

Cheers!

Robert
Re: Similar models and printed works on front page [message #1221 is a reply to message #1216 ] Fri, 05 September 2008 18:28 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Hieron  is currently offline Hieron
Go to all my models
Hi Robert,

Wow that was quick Smile

I'd like to add one more (ok I said it before, sorry to bore you with this one):

-Give people the option to change the prime picture showing for their model (to a render or so). It would look alot better on the front page too.

Cheers,
Jeroen
Re: Similar models and printed works on front page [message #1225 is a reply to message #1221 ] Fri, 05 September 2008 21:48 UTC Go to previous message
avatar robert  is currently offline robert
Go to all my models
I work here
Got it!

Let's see what product management has to say about it. Smile

Cheers!

Robert

Previous Topic:Upload error reports should be more helpful
Next Topic:image preview