Our Gift to You: 20% off your own designs in Strong & Flexible Plastic through Dec 23, with promo code MY2014 · details
Home » Community » Introductions » Hi from Canada
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Hi from Canada [message #12114] Mon, 26 April 2010 03:58 UTC Go to next message
avatar Corhellion  is currently offline Corhellion
Go to all my models
Got pointed to this place by another forum and was very impressed by the place!

I work with a publishing company and we're looking into turning some of the 3d works that have been on the covers of the books into physical models.

This'll be the 3rd place we've looked at, and it definitely seems to be the right place.

Problem is, it seems like the models I've done need to be scaled down a bit (both in size and detail)

This is one of the models, a battleship.

http://www.icebergpublishing.com/bank/Image/def_con_pics/Bonnie_profiles1.jpg

I'll probably redo the models, as they are right now, they're too big file size wise. I'll bring down the detail.

We'd really like to go with Shapewise, any help in getting us in the right direction would be of great help.

Thanks!
Re: Hi from Canada [message #12184 is a reply to message #12114 ] Tue, 27 April 2010 07:53 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar virtox  is currently offline virtox
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Hi and welcome ! Smile

Looks promising !

What kind of scale are the models meant for ?
And which material are you aiming for ?

Best pricie reduction comes from either a smaller scale or hollowing out the models.

Should you need any help, just post it in the appropriate forum !
[edit: ah, I see you already did, never mind Wink]
Cheers!
Stijn

[Updated on: Tue, 27 April 2010 07:56 UTC]

- Artist / Engineer / Designer / Shopowner / Volunteer / Moderator -
Re: Hi from Canada [message #12190 is a reply to message #12184 ] Tue, 27 April 2010 08:55 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Corhellion  is currently offline Corhellion
Go to all my models
Going for fairly small models, similar in size to the ones in the Irrational Designs shop.

I just think, and the owners of the publishing company also think, that they'd be awesome to have on hand at events and for fans to buy.

Previous Topic:Hi from UK
Next Topic:Hello from Sweden.

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.