Home » Support » Bug Reporting » Markup amounts
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Markup amounts [message #10775] Mon, 15 March 2010 17:25 UTC Go to next message
avatar lensman  is currently offline lensman
Go to my shop
I think this has been addressed before but can't seem to find it...

When is Shapeways going to allow us to add a global markup percentage to prices instead of having to go to each material and for each product and enter the markup manually?

Glenn ------ My Website Third Dimension Jewellery
Re: Markup amounts [message #10780 is a reply to message #10775 ] Mon, 15 March 2010 18:22 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
I work here
I know personally, and most of the others I've seen want to be able to price materials individually, or on a percentage bases instead of a set amount. I'd actually prefer to have less of a mark up on say stainless because they customer is already paying a pretty penny just for the material. I've suggested check boxes instead of the current drop down for material selection. That one I would absolutely love.

Your friendly neighborhood Moderman
michael@shapeways.com
Re: Markup amounts [message #10801 is a reply to message #10780 ] Mon, 15 March 2010 23:47 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Yes, anything compared to what we have now. Perhaps a global markup (percentage) but with the ability to alter that for any particular item.

Re: Markup amounts [message #10850 is a reply to message #10775 ] Wed, 17 March 2010 13:46 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
I actually just realised my original post was wrong. I thought I was able to add the markup on each item individually, but I see now I was wrong. You can only add a certain dollar amount that is applied to ALL materials, which is ridiculous. A $2 markup on WSF is VERY different to $2 markup on Stainless Steel.

Please, Shapeways, get some changes made to this soon as I feel this is very detrimental to the users who want to market some good ideas.

Also, as a sidenote, I found that making a change to the markup ONLY did not get accepted by 'the system'. It was only when I made another change with it - i.e. the theme category - that the change was made. This was the same in IE 6 and 8.

Re: Markup amounts [message #10851 is a reply to message #10775 ] Wed, 17 March 2010 14:02 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
I work here
I realized that as well yesterday. If you change the mark up you can't click the save changes button...

Your friendly neighborhood Moderman
michael@shapeways.com
Re: Markup amounts [message #10874 is a reply to message #10851 ] Wed, 17 March 2010 21:23 UTC Go to previous message
avatar eriks  is currently offline eriks
Go to my shop
I work here
the markup bug is known by us and we are currently investigating what is causing it.

We are also aware that the current way we handle markup is limited. But I am however not familiar with the current plans to improve this. (Doesn't mean they don't exist, just means I don't know about them) But if I don't forget I'll ask PP about it tomorrow.

But as always, we get a lot of inspiration and ideas from you guys, so be sure to mention what your ideal shapeways markup system would be.

Previous Topic:Usability Suggestion
Next Topic:Typo on Materials comparison sheet

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.