Our Gift to You: 20% off your own designs in Strong & Flexible Plastic through Dec 23, with promo code MY2014 · details
Home » Support » 3D Design » Second Life Character
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
icon14.gif  Second Life Character [message #1042] Tue, 26 August 2008 17:24 UTC Go to next message
avatar Pawz2142  is currently offline Pawz2142
Go to all my models
This is going to be a messy creation but i think it can be done. My Character from Second Life pulled from the client into 3D files the reconstructed and transferred into whatever the format is to do the printing...My concerns other than pulling the 3D object is the complexity of the character. I saw a dragon on the front page that looked pretty good but I'm still skeptical.

Now i know i can pull the 3D objects though OpenGL but I'm not that good with the 3D programs to piece them all together cause if i remember right it takes each piece of the avatar and each has it's own file. I'll probably need help with that...
Re: Second Life Character [message #1047 is a reply to message #1042 ] Tue, 26 August 2008 18:58 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Hieron  is currently offline Hieron
Go to all my models
Hmm can't help you with getting the character out of the game, but just want to say that any game character is probably very non-complex.

I believe they accept files up to 500k poly's atm.. most game models run around 5k I guess... so no problems there. (ofcourse you do lose normal map details if you send in the raw model)
Re: Second Life Character [message #1048 is a reply to message #1047 ] Tue, 26 August 2008 19:08 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Pawz2142  is currently offline Pawz2142
Go to all my models
Yeah in not too picky on the detail i guess. Stuff like eyes and ears seem like they should turn out well enough. I guess this brings up another question, Can they be painted?

Just to elaborate on Second Life. Everyone "owns" their own character so there's no copy right issues.
Re: Second Life Character [message #1055 is a reply to message #1042 ] Wed, 27 August 2008 03:07 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Dalhimar  is currently offline Dalhimar
Go to my shop
They should be paintable, and if not you can at least clean the models up to give them a nice finish

Previous Topic:It passed the test ! Can't wait for this batch to arrive :D
Next Topic:Chinese concentric sphere... Do you think it could be printed?

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.