Home » Community » Introductions » Hello from Ontario Canada
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Hello from Ontario Canada [message #10240] Fri, 26 February 2010 17:28 UTC Go to next message
avatar Klink  is currently offline Klink
Go to my shop
My name is Jeff and I just wanted to stop in and say hello. I am a member and site administrator of an online community of large 1/8 scale automotive model builders. I also offer our members aftermarket resin cast parts from RTV molds that I make here.

As a selection of aftermarket parts at the retail level is not offered we are left to make our own parts. Fortunately we have members that use solid works and are able to create 3D models of parts we are interested in so we can take advantage of the printing options available here at Shapeways.

We have searched high and low and have not found a better business model then here at Shapeways from the instant quotes to the friendly help we have received.

We started with a Donovan valve cover as a sample part and hope to move on to complete engines and other parts in the 1/8 scale.

I look forward to being involved with this group of very talented people with lots more projects to come.

Cheers

[Updated on: Fri, 26 February 2010 17:37 UTC]

Re: Hello from Ontario Canada [message #10244 is a reply to message #10240 ] Fri, 26 February 2010 17:43 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
I checked out the valve cover. Very nice. When will we see a working 1/8th scale engine? Welcome to the club.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: Hello from Ontario Canada [message #10299 is a reply to message #10244 ] Sun, 28 February 2010 18:34 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Klink  is currently offline Klink
Go to my shop
Youknowwho4eva wrote on Fri, 26 February 2010 17:43

I checked out the valve cover. Very nice. When will we see a working 1/8th scale engine? Welcome to the club.

We do have some members that could pull that off but these do not run ....Yet Rolling Eyes

We did just finish a Ford SOHC canner valve cover that has been ordered and are working on drawings for the complete engine for printing .

Cheers

Previous Topic:Greeting from beautiful Second Life
Next Topic:Jochem from the Netherlands

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.