Our Gift to You: 20% off your own designs in Strong & Flexible Plastic through Dec 23, with promo code MY2014 · details
Home » Support » 3D Applications » Strange manifold problems / Sketchup
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Strange manifold problems / Sketchup [message #10075] Sat, 20 February 2010 18:44 UTC Go to next message
avatar Jelle Marechal  is currently offline Jelle Marechal
Go to all my models
Hi all,

i've been trying to make a model but haven't been able to submit it mostly because of manifold errors. I've found the culprit though, it's because of the roof in my model.

But, when I inspect my model in the Model Error Analysis, it doesn't give me any red areas. I'm also pretty sure my model is waterproof (even Accutrans says so..)

why does it keep on giving me these manifold errors? (i've checked internal overlappings already as well..)

Would anyone be willing to look at my model? As the topic title suggests, I made this model in sketchup. i'm out of ideas, i really can't figure it out...

thanks in advance!

cheers

Re: Strange manifold problems / Sketchup [message #10087 is a reply to message #10075 ] Sun, 21 February 2010 12:29 UTC Go to previous message
avatar aoster  is currently offline aoster
Go to all my models
Hi there,
As you see in the picture, there was an additional plane inserted on top of the walls which does not contribute to the boundary surface (the green one).

http://netfabb.com/cloud/ao/additional_plane.png

I attached a fixed model that uploads fine to shapeways..

Best regards,
Alex

Previous Topic:hypernurbs
Next Topic:Blender script to show thin walls BEFORE upload?

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.