Glow in the Dark Strong And Flexible

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by aws357, May 28, 2009.

1. aws357
    aws357 Member
    :laughing: Don't ask me why. It's a sudden idea I had.

:rolleyes: I wondered if the white strong and flexible material powder existed in a "glow in the dark" version.

See what I mean? :)
    [​IMG]

2. Whystler
    Whystler Member
  3. 7980_deleted
    7980_deleted Member
    I've been considering making light fixtures using shapeways, which i then would put LEDs or other bulbs in after receiving them. This idea would be cooler though, and a more practical use of Shapeways that anyone could make without having to add electronics into it later.
    I think people have asked before as well about printed models using more than 1 material. How cool would it be to print a sculpture in black with glow in the dark features (eyes, etc). I really hope all that can be possible in the future.

4. 21170_deleted
    21170_deleted Member
    Dude!

That is an awesome idea! thanks for the link Whistler!

(Us really g33ky people get excited about such little things as glow in the dark LOLZ :laughing: )

5. 24273_deleted
    24273_deleted Member
    Perhaps Shapeways could do a small scale test using their powder mixed with phosphorous additive.

If they would like to do that, I can direct them to a supplier of those materials. I used these additives in another application, and they worked fine there. They are available in a greenish variant, and a blueish variant.

6. 30504_deleted
    30504_deleted Member
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2009
  7. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    If you want long lasting, riskreactor.com glows for 100 hours but is $19 an oz. Economical is teachersource.com 5.50 an oz.

8. 30504_deleted
    30504_deleted Member
    I think that's a good idea!

9. 30504_deleted
    30504_deleted Member
    Luminophore is used in combination with a lacquer. The lacquer that you use should be appropriate for the type of material you wish to paint: for metal, wood, plastic and the like. gidbmx1.jpg

Last edited: Dec 2, 2009