why don't they update us when there's problems?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by arklan, Jun 7, 2012.

1. arklan
    arklan Member
    to sum up: more updates on orders in process, PLEASE. tell us if there's a problem or a delay as soon as there IS one, so we can correct said problems.

in detail:
    on two seperate occasions, i've uploaded models that ended up unprintable. that's fine, i understand exactly why such is the case once it was pointed out. not a problem.

the problem is this: no one from shapeways contacted me about either issue. my orders were shown as "in production" on the order page for weeks. most recently, for nearly a month. the shipping date came and went, and i heard nothing.

knowing things take time and stuff happens, i waited. i emailed them last night a full week after the expected shipping date; only to promptly receive an email this morning canceling my order, explaining the problem with the models and providing a refund for the money.

why in all creation did it take an email from me to get an update on what was obviously a clear and easily seen error, since as soon as i asked, they told me? seriously - not even 12 hours passed from when i sent my email.

why did i have to wait a month to find out that instead of getting my models soon, i won't get them at all until i order again, waiting another undetermined amount of time before any one from shapeways actually says anything?

ps: yes, i have emailed them. i'm also posting here because the repeated occurence, i feel, deserves a wider discussion.

2. arklan
    arklan Member
    after a series of emails this morning with shapeways, things have been sorted out and the ordered models revised and sent back for printing.

never let it be said that shapeways doesn't help out when there's a qesttion or such.

3. 3401_deleted
    3401_deleted Well-Known Member
    My frosted ultra order from 28th may for a 8th june delivery is still "accepted". I hope I dont' have to wait one more week to get an "order canceled" notice from Shapeways... :confused

p.s.: I already sent an e-mail on thursday. Cust. service told me the order would be "in production" over the week-end... The order status is still "accepted", though.

4. 7943_deleted
    7943_deleted Member
    Hi Fx,

It may be that the orders page is not updated over the weekend, hopefully you will get an answer today or Tuesday, otherwise the best thing to do is email CS again to find out the status.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2012
  5. arklan
    arklan Member
    i had emailed CS before posting this - the situation got sorted out. apprently someone in the warehouse had not uploaded the data about the unprintable models or something along those lines.

but yea, everything is taken care of now.

6. I also have waited and waited only to be told my model is unprintable. It really slows things down when you have to wait a couple of weeks before knowing whether model is printable

However I found that if I post the model to the forum stonysmith can give useful, prompt advice about whether a model is printable.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2012
  7. 7777773
    7777773 Member
    The same thing happened to me recently! Ordered, waited, order sat in production a long time after expected ship date... finally emailed and customer service had me updated within minutes. Unfortunately, I never got a response from the reviewers so I have no idea why there was a problem or what I should look at if I want to resolve it, but at least customer service is putting 200% into everything to make up for the reviewers putting in 0% work.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2012
  8. stop4stuff
    stop4stuff Well-Known Member
    Same as, order due to ship 11th June, now expected ship date 19th June - in the order is some S&F models which are 1 week behind, however there's also steel models in the order, so the timeframe should have worked out. Thankfully my wife is understanding and accepts that her birthday presents may be late :confused