Can I turn off my computer while my upload is being processed

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by 103505_deleted, May 29, 2012.

1. After you hit the upload button, and then you get the "please wait while your upload is being procssed" message do you need to leave your computer on. how do you now when Shapways has revieved the file? This window freezes while this message is up so I am wondering if shapeways has gotten the file and is processing it on their end or maybe it is still uploading?

Thanks

2. stop4stuff
    stop4stuff Well-Known Member
    Not a good idea, when the model has finished uploading, the page changes. It depends on your upload speed and the filesize as to how long the upload will take.

3. Is there any way to check on the progress of the upload to see what percent has been uploaded, like one of thoes bar graphs you normally see when you download something?

4. stop4stuff
    No, you just have to wait. And then you'll wait some more for Shapeways MeshMedic software to check your model's integrity before you'll see the model available for printing.

The way I usually keep track of how long a file should take and actual progress for uploads is by using my modem's diagnostic software.

5. Well my file showed up in my mdels section so it got processed but I still see the being processed message in the window from which I hit the upload button?

What do you think just a computer glitch, and I can shut that window down?

Thanks Flubber

6. stop4stuff
    Yep, just seems like a hiccup.

7. BTW i normally get a percentage counter that appears at the bottom, left corner of google chrome window.