Can anyone help please

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by humpmetwice, May 29, 2012.

1. humpmetwice
    humpmetwice Member
    Can anyone tell me why the top is in production and is fine but the bottom keeps getting rejected. Thanks Kurt

Attached Files:

2. stop4stuff
    stop4stuff Well-Known Member
    What does the image in the rejection email show?

3. stop4stuff
    I just took a look at your file, its probably the thinner end of the bones, I guessing you're aiming for stainless steel for the print?

bones-bottom.JPG

Those parts are a touch too thin for stainless - I'd aim for at least 1.5mm (~1/16 in).

4. humpmetwice
    humpmetwice Member
    - #321642 Skull and Cross Bone for Zippo Bottom 1 x $ 2.32 Thin walls : min thickness is 0.7 mm

5. stop4stuff
    lol crossed posts & I gather the model will be in one of the S&F variants - there should be an image with the email that shows the thin parts, if not hit reply on the email and ask for the image.

6. humpmetwice
    humpmetwice Member
    If so why did this one work?

Attached Files:

7. stop4stuff
    Not sure, that has some thin walls too. Perhaps a different operative checked it.

bones-top.JPG

Did you send an email to Shapeways Customer Services (serviec@shapeways.com) to find out?

The 'In Production' status doesn't automatcally mean a successful print and it may still be cancelled.

8. humpmetwice
    humpmetwice Member
    Yeah I sent them a request for an image showing where the problems are but no reply yet.

9. stop4stuff
    You should get a reply tomorrow as Customer Services are in The Netherlands.