Forum email notifications broke

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by stop4stuff, May 9, 2012.

1. stop4stuff
    stop4stuff Well-Known Member
    Sometime in the last few days, new posts to forum posts and subscribed sub-forums do not trigger an email notification.
    (and no, it is nothing to do with spam filters - those who need to know, just ask and I'll share how my spam filters work)

Last edited: May 29, 2012
  2. virtox
    virtox Active Member Moderator
    Strange, I seem to be getting all email notifications from the forum.

So to be clear, you get no email message from the forum at all, or just the specific scenarios you posted?
    (i.e. new topics in subscribed sub-forums and posts to subscribed topics?)

Thanks,

Stijn

3. stop4stuff
    I get no email notifications from new topics in subscribed sub-forums and posts to subscribed topics.

The last subscribed sub-forum message I recieved was at 05:45 GMT+1 8th May and the last subscribed topic message was 20:05 GMT+1 8th May and nothing since ever though there have been plenty of forum topics and posts that I should have been notified about :(

Send me a PM, to double check that side of things, as the last notification I got was 17:12 GMT+1 8th May which corresponds correctly with the last PM.

Cheers,
    Paul

Last edited: May 10, 2012
  4. virtox
    virtox Active Member Moderator
  5. stop4stuff
    Yep, that was the first thing I checked when I noticed email notifications weren't coming through.

acc-settings.JPG

And I turned them off, saved, then turned them all back on again then saved.

6. Just me replying from an alternate account ;)

And the password reset for this account didn't come through either, I used another method to do that :cool:

7. stop4stuff
    ignore this, just testing something

8. Yeah!

Email notifications seem to be working now.

Doh! They're not - the email was telling me a topic has moved to uservoice.com

:cry: :cry: :cry:

9. stop4stuff
    The issue definately looks like it is with all forms of forum notification to my email account as Joost has sent an email to me from service@shapeways.com (the same email address as forum notifications come via) and that came through fine.

10. stop4stuff
    And the newsletter came through fine from shapeways@shapways.com

Just the forum stuff... any ideas yet?

Again chucking the idea out there because it has worked before... flush the server cache?

11. stop4stuff
    Any news yet?

Uploaded and printable model messages are not coming through either.

Can someone check the SendGrid applications, as it seems to be only messages that come via SendGrid that are not getting through.

Cheers,
    Paul

12. stop4stuff
    It is now confirmed by my hosting company that they do not use SendGrid, so Shapeways, please look into this matter and let me know what is going on.

Cheers,
    Paul

13. stop4stuff
    SendGrid support have said emails should be coming through fine, just waiting on a report for the last email they sent through.

Paul

14. stop4stuff
    Woot!

It turned out to be an issue with SendGrid's system and seems to be fixed now - waits for all the messages stuck in their queue to flood through :rolleyes:

15. stop4stuff
    Oh well, back to the doldrums for me... something is still broken and no messages are getting through... :(

16. ignore me, just testing

17. stop4stuff
    same as

18. stop4stuff
    Turns out this is a simple issue, with a simple solution... so now please will someone take stop4stuff.com email addresses off of Shapeways SendGrid bounce list. Two weeks is plenty long enough!

19. stop4stuff
    Ignore this - just testing

20. ignore this too :rolleyes: