4/25 Release Notes

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by 117436_deleted, Apr 25, 2012.

1. Hey guys,

We did a small release today to fix some outstanding bugs that you've sent in along with some improvements to the My Models page.

Here are the notes:

Bugs
    - Editing Model Description no longer breaks when including html.
    - Public models in My Models no longer display as both public and private.
    - You can now successfully subscribe to an entry when posting a Blog comment again.

Improvement
    - You can now select a material to purchase directly from My Models.
    - 'Keywords' on the Edit Model page have been renamed to 'Tags.' No functionality has changed.
    - The Add to Cart popup has been restyled to make it easier to read and interact with.

2. stop4stuff
    stop4stuff Well-Known Member
    Hey Brad,

Cool fixes :)

Any news when ppl can change and see the changes when changing materials in the cart?

For me on XP
    IE8 - Still sticks on a greyed out screen when clicking on a material.
    Chrome - Sticks on the material selector - have to click X top right to get back to cart & material is changed
    Firefox - same as Chrome

Logically, clicking on the material should close the overlay & update the cart.

Cheers,
    Paul

3. Hey Paul,

Thanks for following up on this :) We're still running into some issues replicating #1 (IE8/XP selector grey screen) but are spending time on it this week and hope to knock it out.

Regarding #2/#3 (Chrome/Firefox behavior), we completely agree it should work the way you described!! It's going to be changed as part of our dev cycle this week and I'll post our next release notes when it's been resolved.

4. Paul,

We've made the changes you discussed above and verified them on our local machines. Can you check it out? :) You might need to shift-refresh the cart page.

5. stop4stuff
    stop4stuff Well-Known Member
    Hi Brad,

Still the same for me on XP & IE8. (click on material and the selector goes but the screen is still greyed out)
    What does shift-refresh do? I have IE8 set to clear all cookies and temporary internet files on exit if that makes a difference.
    What is the criterea for the cart material selector to work properly under IE8? I'll have a looksee what personal settings I have that may conflict.

Cheers,
    Paul

p.s. IE8 is a personal choice for me. I'm used to it and don't like how Chrome or Firefox look or work, but I put up with them if websites don't function correctly :(