Change orientation = Bad quality

Discussion in 'Materials' started by DarioScapittaDesign, Apr 14, 2012.

1. Hey,

Here some pictures just to show how the orientation changing is a real problem.

On the picture you can see the old piece printed on with the "correct" orientation which I've uploaded the file, then you can see the new pieces printed with the new BS&F. The model is the same, just ordered again!!

I've already send it to the CS and they have opened a complaint and they are discussing what they can do.

Have anyone the same issue?

Dario

Bad quality.jpg

2. stonysmith
    stonysmith Well-Known Member Moderator
    That doesn't look to me to be an orientation issue.. it looks equally bad in all directions. Yes, CS is the right place to report such concerns.

3. Thanks for your reply Stonysmith.
    Unfortunately this is for sure an orientation issue. On the new one you can see all the layers on the top of the ring, on the old one you can see just some layer on one side of the ring.
    I know that it is difficult to see it from the pictures but I'm pretty sure that the ring was printed in vertical instead of in a horizontal position. same story for the pendant, on the new one you can not read the logo and sorry... but I don't think that are equally bad!

Of course on Monday I'll ask some news about this from the CS.

Thanks.
    Dario

4. electrobloom
    electrobloom Member
    Hi,
    I've had the same problem with my last order and have contacted CS, who have been very helpful and are looking into the problem. Lets hope they correct the issue soon. Keep us posted as to how things develop.
    Mark.

5. Hi Mark,

Yes, I've immediately contacted the CS an they have opened a complaint about this issue, they are always helpful with this kind of problems. I've posted this to know if someone else have the same issue and to talk about this.
    Of course I'll keep you updated about this.

Dario

6. The surface quality is really bad...
    But the new black is really impressive. :eek:
    It looks like it's really some kind of black - not just like a very dark grey.

7. Yes, indeed the colour quality is really better and if it was printed on the upload position also the surface was nice! We will see!