Adding keywords to models is a pain

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by lensman, Apr 13, 2012.

1. lensman
    lensman Well-Known Member
    When adding keywords to models the whole process is long and cumbersome. Most other sites I use allow someone to enter words separated by commas. Here we have to click on "add a new keyword" and then click in the new box and enter a word...

BUT this process is made all the more cumbersome because this doesn't work for me. When I click on "add a new keyword" the new box pops up as expected but I cannot click in it to add a new word. I then have to delete this empty box and click once again on "add a new keyword". When the new box pops up ONLY THEN can I actually add a new word. And this goes on for every word I want to add. Wow.

Glenn

2. virtox
    virtox Active Member Moderator
    Hi Glenn,

Strange that the edit box should act like that for you.
    Luckily you can still add multiple comma separated keywords in the single field. I just tested it.

Cheers,

Stijn

3. Hey Glenn - what browser & OS combination are you running on?

4. lensman
    @Stijn - thanks, I just wasn't sure if they would be accepted like that...

Google Chrome and Windows 8 Consumer Preview

Glenn

5. stop4stuff
    stop4stuff Well-Known Member
    Hitting [Return] after entering the keyword makes it stick.

6. lensman
    Nope, I couldn't even type the word. Clicking in the box did not "bring the cursor in" so to speak. Like I said, it wasn't until I deleted the box and then opened a new one that it would finally allow me to start typing the word.

Glenn

7. Hey Glenn,

Do things seem to be working out now?

8. lensman
    I think I see what shop4stuff was talking about now...

You see I was typing the word and trying to jump ahead by clicking on Add New Keyword, which wasn't working. If I type the word and THEN hit Enter and THEN click on Add New Keyword it works...

Trying to be fast doesn't always work out that way!

Glenn

9. stop4stuff
    stop4stuff Well-Known Member
    Glad that 'shop4stuff' person got it right :)