the egg cup

Discussion in 'My Work In Progress' started by Josenarvaez, Apr 9, 2012.

1. Josenarvaez
    Josenarvaez Member
    egg cup 1.jpg

this is my cup of coffee i call this the "egg cup" because it was inspired by a chicken egg form i uploaded recently in my shop this is only available in ceramic. i want some feedback on my work please feel free to comment ​

Last edited: Apr 10, 2012
  2. nice egg cup!

just a hint......u might want to include the image as part of the post......some people are lazy and cant be bothered to click the link :p

really good design mate!

btw doe the egg sit inside the cup on on the rim?

Last edited: Apr 9, 2012
  3. Josenarvaez
    Josenarvaez Member
    thanks, and yes i want to include the image as part of the post i don´t know how to do that? can you help me please i will be grateful :) i have some other nice stuffs on my shop http://shpws.me/4CIo and i will upload more

4. Magic
    Magic Well-Known Member
    Very nice design. I like it. At the beginning I thought it was a cup for an egg and was wondering how you would insert the egg inside it, but for the coffee it is perfect.
    I would only worry about the sharp edges of the handle: the glaze could wear off at those edges. If you should round them a little bit (see the design rules): it would be safer.

PS: if you edit your original message, you should have beside the file you uploaded under the column called "action" the link "Insert image into message body". Put your cursor in your message wherever you want to insert your image, and click on this link.

5. oh yeh sorry missed the part about it being for coffee :rolleyes:

6. Josenarvaez
    Josenarvaez Member
    thanks for the advice i will check the part of the handle to improve my design and update the 3d model and yes i´t is for coffee i hope people enjoy that. i will upload more designs. have a good day :D

7. Josenarvaez
    Josenarvaez Member
    yes it is for coffee and sorry i doesn´t express myself correctly too :laughing:

8. Josenarvaez
    Josenarvaez Member
    egg cup 1.jpg

this is the model updated

9. thats a chamfered edge not rounded :) might still get the same problem with glaze.
    also have you added a slit that goes through the handle? will that print ok?

regards

10. Josenarvaez
    Josenarvaez Member
    well i tried to make it rounded but the software doesn´t let me make that because they are sizes under 1mm i´m working on that and yes the handle have a slit that goes trough it is aproximately
    3mm width i do this to make the cup with less material i don't know if it will print ok that have to be tested i will check that too thanks for the advice :)

11. Magic
    Magic Well-Known Member
    The slit wil remove some material but add some surface. As the price of Glazed Ceramic is depending on the surface, not the volume, this will not cut the price but instead will increase it.
    For sure, this pricing model is very different from what wa are used to, and it is quite paradoxal....

12. no worries.....good luck with it

13. Josenarvaez
    Josenarvaez Member
    egg  photos.jpg
    this is the last update what do you think?