Email and Notifications

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by bubby9534, Apr 4, 2012.

1. bubby9534
    bubby9534 Member
    So I have an AOL mail account. I use it for my shapeways. Whenever I subscribe to a thread I never get e-mails about it even when stuff is posted. I even Made a custom nameplate item (personalized) and people ordered it and I never got notified and couldn't customize it for them. So am I missing something? Is there something wrong with AOL and Shapeways together? I really need help because it's been like this for a long time. Thank you!

2. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    Just making sure, have you checked your spam folder? Do you get any shapeways emails?

3. bubby9534
    bubby9534 Member
    I don't think so, but I'll check. Is there a way I can get sent a test e-mail?

4. stop4stuff
    stop4stuff Well-Known Member
    Quickest way to get a 'test email' is to upload a model ;)

5. You could try using the 'Forgot my Password' link on the registration page as well :twisted:

6. Since some time ago, I'm not receiving emails after uploading a model.

Come to think of it, I didn't even get an email confirming my last order (only from Paypal confirming payment). Is this normal?

(Yes, I check my spam folder also.)

7. bubby9534
    bubby9534 Member
    Same thing happened to me actually. I used to get e-mails whenever I uploaded models. And now nothing. I will try a g-mail account instead of AOL. I get back to you.

8. bubby9534
    bubby9534 Member
    Switched to g-mail and it seems to work now. So I guess it's just my e-mail account.