5 hearts - jewelery

Discussion in 'My Shapeways Order Arrived' started by Gijs, Apr 27, 2009.

1. Gijs
    Gijs Member
    Hi all,

I designed this small piece for my wife. It came out pretty well (tested in black detail, white detail and WS&F)

I really like the black material. It feels and looks very handcrafted.

shapeways_01.jpg
    shapeways_02.jpg
    shapeways_05.jpg

2. 17207_deleted
    17207_deleted Member
    hi gijs,
    do you have a matching pendant for a necklace?? then I would certainly buy it. Especially if metals would come back. But I like the black detail to.
    marleen

3. 7980_deleted
    7980_deleted Member
    Beautiful! I was working on a similar jewelry concept with hearts in a flower petal arrangement (although mine had 8 sides not 5) but I gave up on the project when I couldn't get it to look the way I wanted.
    I really like the way the white model looks, but do you plan on making it in metal if the option opens up? If Shapeways starts doing metal prints, you can count me in on ordering a set.

4. Gijs
    Gijs Member
    Thanks for the interest in the models. A metal version would indeed be great, I hope the metal comes back soon.

I'll make a pendant version and offer that for sale ;)

Cheers,
    Gijs

5. 20725_deleted
    20725_deleted Member
    How long till Shapeways starts offering sterling silver printing?

:eek:

6. MaxSMoke777
    MaxSMoke777 Member
    That's a cool little piece of jewelery. Have you considered also printing a chain, and some more charms for the links? I would picture 5 chain links, then another shape, then 5 more links, repeating that pattern until it reached around to the other side.

As for people's suggestions about metal printing, that probably wouldn't work. According to my mother and sister, whom have ALOT of jewelery, alot of people get rashes and skin discoloration from Steel. They might from bronze as well, especially since the bronze would eventually wear through to Steel, exposing the skin again.

I wonder if somebody could electroplate our models with a thin coat of silver or gold? That would solve the problem and look great in the process.

7. pete
    pete Shapeways Employee CEO
    Hi,

silver printing is a bit difficult perhaps and expensive too. However is plating an alternative?

regards,
    Peter