1/64 Rally Fighter

Discussion in 'My Work In Progress' started by StewMM, Mar 17, 2012.

1. StewMM
    StewMM Member
    Is there a Shapeways email I can send a model to for checking and recommendation of materials that can be used?

I made this some time ago for a game and have no idea if it would be printable or I would have to do an overhaul to make it work.
    Netfabb gets a bit tedious with small items. (not enough zoom).

[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. i really like this car... i wish i had the money for one...

i would get it into blender and scale it to the size that you want it to be then export a x3d file with the textures then you can print it out in color...

you must also make sure it is water tight too...

otherwise just try and upload it and see what happens.

chris

3. StewMM
    StewMM Member
    It's 1:64 scale at the moment because of cost. and it would look good next to my Hotwheels Mustang and Charger.
    It is a bit low poly because I made it for a low poly game, so I might just end up remodelling it properly for 3D printing.

4. Psychobob
    Psychobob Member
    Not sure if this helps:
    If you're checking for geometry errors (e.g. making sure it's water tight and doesn't have any non-manifold eges), you can scale it up in netfabb to make it easier to zoom and pan around in. You can use Ctrl+S to do this, or you can find an option on the toolbar or menus.

If it's for checking minimum wall thicknesses, you obviously will need to make sure it's at the correct scale in netfabb first and then you can use the measure tool.

5. Glook
    Glook Member
    great work !
    i'm very interesting to build a Losi Micro-t rc car with this body shell but it's not the same scale.

could you share your work ?

6. StewMM
    StewMM Member
    It would be interesting to see it as an RC shell of it.
    I've attached it as the 1:64 scale and it's .obj
    If anyone does 3D print one. please post photos of it. it would be great to see it.

Attached Files:

7. Glook
    Glook Member
    many thanks,

i'll post pics soon as possible !