Discussion and Feedback on the March 9th 2012 Release

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by 9694_deleted, Mar 9, 2012.

1. 9694_deleted
    9694_deleted Member
    Hey all, as I referenced in my post in the Official Announcements section, we've got a big release going live on Shapeways today. This thread is the designated conversation space for community members to compare notes on the changes, or let us know if you think we've missed something.

Members of the product team and I will be watching and documenting issues on this thread, and considering what needs further action. Finally, we all care a lot about our experience on Shapeways, and sometimes its easy to get riled up. Please keep all conversation positive and constructive. :)

2. 71054_deleted
    71054_deleted Member
    Download model is not working for me. The file is now unzipped an results in an "invalid stl file".

As I recall, the same problem happened to a group of us on your first update. Wasn't there a line of bad code or something? Any instructions on a work around?

3. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    Man you guys are quick :laughing: change the extension from .stl to .zip, unzip. Problem solved

4. stop4stuff
    stop4stuff Well-Known Member
    Hi Ana,

I already emailed you about a couple of things.

Cheers,
    Paul

[edit]
    email -> link -> log-in -> homepage... and I just got used to the new (old) way, email -> link -> log-in -> relevant page :(

Last edited: Mar 9, 2012
  5. TomZ
    TomZ Member
    Bugs:
    - Not for sale models have a "from"-price listed on shop page.

Annoyances: (subjective)
    - Image thumbnails are "stretched" to be the correct aspect ratio. This makes my images look really crappy. I would prefer if you simply added a white border around them if needed.

- On the main product page, the photo viewer has gray borders around the photo's and thumbnails. It would be much better for me if these were simply white.

- On the right of a product page there is a column for shop details... However, this column is much, much shorter than the product list. Wouldn't it be better to fill up this excess space with more products so the list becomes shorter? (like so: http://prntscr.com/6vh4y)

Last edited: Mar 11, 2012
  6. stop4stuff
    oh well...

what happened to the ability to just browse through the recent uploads... there's only 3 on https://www.shapeways.com/gallery :(

and the page albeit faster loading is just w a y too spread out - takes a good number of clicks on the scroll bar to get down the page and the rating stars have gone :(

7. google analytics is not working anymore after the update of the site

8. stop4stuff

In My Models, I have blued out models that I have deleted in the past few days

9. AotrsCommander
    AotrsCommander Well-Known Member
    The "from" price listing seems to have little to no relevance to the actual cost, in either currency (on larger models the "from" price is half the minimum WSF price.)

No obvious way to tell from "My Models" page which models are available to the public (where there used to be the pink basket).

Shop section key words appear to be missing, and the number given in the shop in the "Aotrs is selling X models from this shop section" is completely wrong, giving in one case, 8 models (for a shop section that has only three) and less than the actual number in the others.)

10. stop4stuff
    Clicking on the cart button for a model in My Models does nothing.

11. stop4stuff
    The model 'Spiral Cage by Yanying Designs' shown twice on https://www.shapeways.com/gallery/ says from $4.73, but is not available for sale on the model page.

[edit]
    And recent uploads on the same page shows models that are probably not set to public or privately for sale as clicking through to the model page gives Sorry, you don't have permission to perform this action

Last edited: Mar 9, 2012
  12. Hi at all,
    At first sight the new SHAPEWAYS face looks nice. I've just scrolled right now on my shop using my mobile, everything is ok apart from some pictures on the general list that are stretched. In general it looks more clear and modern, I have just to get used to this new look!
    Any way I'll check better tomorrow from my pc, also Google Analytics.
    Keep updated!
    Dario

13. One question, why on the home page the "Staff Picks" does not change butthere are always the same designer? I think it's better if that list change, to give more visibility at more designer!!

14. stop4stuff
    agreed, one of my models used to appear maybe one in 4 times... but not any more, maybe because more space is taken up with fewer models :(

15. ...or we are not in the "top seller" list!... :confused

16. stop4stuff
    It used to be a most popular/bought/viewed/picked-by-staff/linked-to alogorithm that displayed somany on the front page, re-freshing the front page would bring up different models (one of mine was in the mix, but not now)

17. popular/bought/viewed/picked-by-staff/linked-to alogorithm seems a more fair, then only staff picks....it are always the same designs

18. On the JEWELLERY section there are two different list, one for Necklaces and one for Pendants/Charms/Beads, but there is no difference between them; I mean, if you clic on Necklaces you can see a lot of charms and pendants. I think is better to put each object on the correct list.

19. aeron203
    aeron203 Member
    All my metal items that are available in Silver show that price in the listing, even though they have steel as the default material.

Sorting by price appears to sort by the price of the most expensive material available for that item.

20. 71054_deleted
    71054_deleted Member
    Image popper doesn't appear to be working, when I click make, I am directed to a plain white screen and nothing happens.