Ripp'd iPhone Case

Discussion in 'My Work In Progress' started by Maundy, Mar 7, 2012.

1. Maundy
    Maundy Member
    EDIT: Now on sale http://shpws.me/3Qgt
    This an iPhone 4/4s case, it has the back 'ripped' off exposing the clockwork workings of the iPhone also with Personalized engraving. At the moment the cogs don't move, would it appeal more if they actually moved??
    Feedback greatly appreciated
    Thanks in advance
    Image cog big.png

Last edited: Mar 11, 2012
  2. hey

nice idea....i want to do something similar will cogs that move. but am worried about the toss up between asthetics and stability.......let me know if you manage to do it.....btw how thick is the back of the case without moving parts? i try to keep to 2 mm but am making one at the mo that is about 3-4 mm

regards

3. Maundy
    Maundy Member
    Thanks,
    At the moment the thickness of the back at the thickest point is 1.8mm, in theory, if i detach the cogs slightly and put a simple pin in the centre they should rotate although I'm no sure how smoothly as it will be in contact with the back of the iPhone, the user would also need to place the cogs in the holes before installing onto the iPhone.
    Thanks for the feedback.
    P.s i like your designs- especially the detail on the skull

Last edited: Mar 8, 2012
  4. Maundy
    Maundy Member
    If i tested and printed this design and uploaded pics of it, does anyone in your opinion reckon i would be able to sell any? ($35 ex VAT) If so i will go ahead with ordering one.

5. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    I'd cut some more material out, I know some people that really sell a lot of their cases.

6. Maundy
    Maundy Member
    I've got it down to $30 ex VAT incl markup (not much markup). Too much still?

7. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
  8. Maundy
    Maundy Member
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2012