Shop payments and sales not updating?

Discussion in 'Shapeways Shops' started by GeomatrixDesigns, Feb 21, 2012.

1. GeomatrixDesigns
    GeomatrixDesigns Active Member
    Since Feb. 08 I haven't seen one single sale register in my shop... Anyone else having the same issue? The "Last Payment", "Pending Payments" & "Next Payment" fields are all not updating correctly, everything else appears to be working fine though.

Thanks,
    Matthew & Sheila
    Dropping Form Designs

2. Bathsheba
    Bathsheba Well-Known Member
    I agree these numbers are incorrect.

"Last payment" still shows January's number, but off by a few cents. "Next payment" says Feb 15, which is of course past, and the number is off by over $170. "Pending payment" I haven't checked.

I'm afraid I don't really feel like submitting this to the user-feedback section, reviewing my vote allocations etc. Suggestions are a nice thing to vote on, but bugs should only need to be reported once.

3. duann
    duann Member
    Hey Bathsheba,

We are aware of the discrepancy,

Dev team are on it right now,

We will post an update ASAP

Thanks for your patience

4. Bathsheba
    Awesome, thanks.

5. GeomatrixDesigns
    GeomatrixDesigns Active Member
    Yeah it's interesting, I'm noticing funds switch back and forth between the "Next Payment" and "Pending Payment" fields as well on a daily basis.

6. duann
    duann Member
    Hey all,

Thanks for letting us know but please hold tight as the developers ensure that any issues are crushed forever.

Once we are sure we have everything square we will ensure your payments are properly balanced.

We also have people now working on shop owner reporting tools so you will be able to have more metrics to better understand your sales and therefore optimise your shops and product pages.

Thanks again for your understanding.

7. robo3687
    robo3687 Member
    any updates on this Duann?

8. aeron203
    aeron203 Member
    Just looking for an update. I have noticed the pending payment amount dropping continuously, and the 15th is tomorrow. The numbers are way off. Will this be fixed in time?

9. robo3687
    robo3687 Member
    i noticed the other day the numbers finally corrected themselves...for about an hour...

since then the money is still continuing to shuffle around and the last payment figure is off by about $100...

it'll be interesting to see what actually happens.....

10. Bathsheba
    *bump*

I'm sorry to nag, but this needs fixing.

11. 9694_deleted
    9694_deleted Member
    Thanks Bathsheba. An update is on the way.

12. 65166_deleted
    65166_deleted Member
    Hey guys,

So over the past month we've been working on overhauling finance related processes (this and other things). While working on the overhaul, we've discovered more things that need optimizing and unfortunately that has pushed back the project's release date--we want to make sure we hit ALL the bugs and inefficiencies in the system!

That said, we recognize that this is a major problem and crucial information for you guys. So we'll look into these specific issues (rather than tackling all finance related fixes in one swoop) and just focus on getting you the right data. It is a change in the strategy of how to go about fixing this, but it should give you the info you need.

We're currently the necessary pieces to deliver this more targeted info and fix this specific info for you. I'll have an update for you end of next week. Feel free me email me (nancy@shapeways.com) with any questions in the meanwhileThanks so much for your patience.

Nancy

13. 65166_deleted
    65166_deleted Member
    Hey guys,

Some urgent issues grabbed ahold of me and wouldn't let go next week, so I didn't get as much time to dig into this. Apologies!

However, we should have some time this week to check it out.

We have some hypothesis on where the issues are, but we need to run a few more checks to be sure.

Thanks for your patience,

Nancy

14. aegidian
    aegidian Member
    When will this month's payments be made?

15. B1lancer
    B1lancer Member
    Sometimes it feels like paying shop owners is low on the priorities list. The numbers are constantly changing, payment is rarely paid on the 15th, normally 16th or 17th and what I get paid often doesn't add up with what's in the excel document.

Last month I tried to find some combination of payments that would add exactly add up to what I was paid, but I could only find a sum which was slightly greater or slightly lower than what I was paid.

Very confusing!

It's a pain trying to run a business when the numbers I am going to be paid keep changing. I find it hard to muster the enthusiasm to develop on Shapeways sometimes, it used to be a joy! :(

Kindest Regards,

Jack

Last edited: Apr 17, 2012
  16. Bathsheba
    Well said.

17. Hi guys,

We completely agree that this is a huge problem and are figuring it out right now. It should be completely, 100%, crystal clear what you are paid, when you will be paid, and that number should always match what goes into your bank account.

Correcting the communication and calculation of your payments is my personal #1 priority right now.

18. Jettuh
    Jettuh Well-Known Member
    Hi all,

I'm really sorry for all the inconvenience and delays, but I finally have some good news.

The payments are being made as we speak!

We will make sure that this will not happen again next month :)

Have a wonderful day all!

Kind regards,
    Mitchell Jetten
    Customer Service

19. virtox
    virtox Active Member Moderator
    Oooh, I love ShapeWaysPayDays :cool:

Thanks guys!

Last edited: Apr 18, 2012
  20. aegidian
    aegidian Member
    Good to have things working properly again.