The shipping price is too high :(

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 146652_deleted, Feb 11, 2012.

1. Shapeways, I think you must lower the shipping price to Indonesia . It's too expensive !!!

2. leorolph
    leorolph Member
    and Australia.

3. stonysmith
    stonysmith Well-Known Member Moderator
  4. RalphVdB
    RalphVdB Well-Known Member CS Team
    Thanks for pointing this out Stony!

5. xxvaderxx
    xxvaderxx Member
    Yup, we need options, for the smaller items anything beyond 5 bucks shipping simply is not practical, it is more expensive the shipping than getting the part we need...

6. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    It's a step up from what it used to be, the minimum order used to be $25 so if you wanted $5 worth of prints it would cost $25. It will improve again.

7. 57627_deleted
    57627_deleted Member
    I'm wondering how the chinese sites like DealExtreme get their products all over the world for nothing! Free tracking number if orders above $15, or charge $2 for the tracking number to order below $15.

Can't vote nor comment! Any ideas why?

8. Innovo
    Innovo Member
    Everything's cheaper in China. Even postage services/costs.

9. 59083_deleted
    59083_deleted Member
    That's promising! Looking for some chinese shapeways alike startup! anyone knows some?

Last edited: Apr 30, 2013
  10. 59083_deleted
    59083_deleted Member
    Found this one www.3drp.cn! Now it's time to learn Chinese! :D

11. Innovo
    Innovo Member
    Their prices are 3-4 times more expensive than Shapeways. I thought you were looking for a cheaper alternative.

12. 59083_deleted
    59083_deleted Member
    Did you get a quotation by uploading some file or do you mean that only by looking at the store prices? I didn't find anything about the cost per cm3 in the materials tab. Any luck finding that? I'm trying to get a quotation.

13. Innovo
    Innovo Member
    The store prices are as good indication as any. Anyway, good luck with your communication, let us know what's the deal.

14. T1NB1OCK
    T1NB1OCK Member
    I do agree now the shipping cost is too high especially for my region HONG KONG.
    The only way i do is to order projects in group by material. This can reduce the shipping cost by items.
    BTW, for that china 3D printing company. My only concern is the copyright issue.
    In china, everyone gets your CAD model, they can do anything faster than you in a commercial purpose!

BE careful!

15. lensman
    lensman Well-Known Member
    Well, I would have commented there... but as I have pointed out in the past - at least twice - the feedback section no longer allows me to comment. If I click on your link, Stony, the thread opens up but I'm not logged in and so cannot comment. If I click on the log in button another window opens and I'm back here again!

16. stonysmith
    stonysmith Well-Known Member Moderator
    That link is 15 months old. Nothing lives forever on the web.

Just post your comments in this thread.

17. lensman
    lensman Well-Known Member
    I wish that were the case but not so. It's the feedback section itself I can no longer access. If I go to the Bug Reporting and Site Feedback forum and click on the sticky: How to use the Bug Reporting & Site Feedback section there is a link in there - feedback.shapeways.com - which, if I click on it brings me to here: https://feedback.shapeways.com/forums/111989-shapeways-feedba ck which is where I'm supposed to be.... EXCEPT that I'm not signed in and if I click on the Sign In button another window opens taking me to whatever window I had open in Shapeways before....

Like I said, I have reported this at least twice and nothing has ever been done...

Using Google Chrome in Windows 8.

I even just tried this with Internet Explorer by entering feedback.shapeways.com directly.... again wasn't signed in so clicked on Sign In and a new window opened with Shapeways homepage...

Last edited: May 5, 2013
  18. stannum
    stannum Well-Known Member
    Feedback site is "sleeping". Others would say dead.

And links and info are outdated, even after reports and solutions being provided.

19. glehn
    glehn Well-Known Member
    Marina,

I have been doing some tests with this company in Brazil: Imprima3D
    Have you heard of them?
    Their prices are a little higher than Shapeways, but for us in Brazil, shipping is much lower and there will be no import taxes or UPS fees. In the end of the day, each print costed me half of what I usually have to pay for a Shapeways print.
    I still think their website is not the best and there are no individual stores for each designer as in Shapeways. But I did a couple of test prints with them and was very happy with the results. Quick delivery (around 1 week), quality of the prints were similar to Shapeways and total cost much lower.

Regards,
    Luis

Last edited: May 6, 2013