My account keeps getting "Disabled"?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TheAntiYou, Feb 10, 2012.

1. TheAntiYou
    TheAntiYou Member
    This started two days ago. About 24 hours after I ordered one of my models.
    I'll go to log in - It tells me this user/ password is incorrect.

So I emailed Shapeways and they solved the problem very fast.
    However, it's happening again. Not even a day after fixing my account.

Weird thing is, I'm still logged into the forums and all my shop/info/models are still up.

What could be causing this?
    I've cleared my cookies and all history using CCleaner (not this time around, so I could post something in the forum). I've used a different computer on a different ISP. Still says password/username incorrect. And the changing password option shows a "Disabled User" message.

Am I the only one this happens too? Is there a permanent fix to it?

2. Still can't loggin. I'm currently using my connect with facebook account.
    I sent a message to service@shapeways.com about 24 hours ago.

This is the third time this has happened, would this Facebook loggin option have anything to do with it? I didn't even fill out my own user name, it kept coming up with this one automatically.

I'd really like some help out with this so I can check on the status of my order.

3. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    That's odd. Now that the weekend is over, they will get you fixed up.

4. TheAntiYou
    TheAntiYou Member
    That's the third time I've heard " That's odd" or "That's weird" from the shapeways staff. I guess it's safe to assume that something like this hasn't happened before. Haha.
    My account has been enabled again. I'm going to continue to provide what information I can to help find a permanent fix to this.

Until then I'm going to use a browser that has no Facebook history saved and not log in through another computer to see if that helps.

5. 9694_deleted
    9694_deleted Member
    Welcome! and sorry to hear you're having that problem.

Can you do me a favor and create an item for this issue in Uservoice, under the "Bugs & Problems" category, and include your browser and computer info?

This will help me keep track of the problem, and make it visible to others so we can get a heads up if others are experiencing the same thing.

6. TheAntiYou
    TheAntiYou Member
    Will do!

7. 9694_deleted
    9694_deleted Member
    Great! if you could post the link back on this thread, that'd be helpful. ;)

8. TheAntiYou
    TheAntiYou Member