Large Quantity of items

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by 132404_deleted, Jan 25, 2012.

1. I have a small item that I built
    https://www.shapeways.com/model/451896/tankbutton17mm.htm
    I'm considering using it in the production of a product.
    When I go to order 36 or 72 of them shipping stays at a flat $6.50. Can I be sure that I will receive all 72 items if I order that many and is this shipping accurate?

2. Short answer: Yes. :)

But if you want 36 or 72 of this, I suggest to throw them in one file, and build a wire cage around them.
    The additional material for the cage should be much cheaper than paying the handling fee 72 times...

3. Sounds like a great idea. What do you mean by building a wire cage around them?

4. Basically something like...

L.jpg

btw,
    which material do you want use ?

Last edited: Jan 25, 2012
  5. ChristelM
    ChristelM Shapeways Employee CS Team
    Hi Bryan,

You can sent all your questions about your models to service@shapeways.com and ask for Christel. I will help you further over there.

Thanks,
    Christel

6. @pfeiffer stylez: White Solid and Polished.
    @ChristelH: Thank you, I certainly will.

7. stonysmith
    stonysmith Well-Known Member Moderator
    It normally IS a good idea to use such a cage, but there's a small problem here.. the cage idea is NOT good for polished materials.

For polishing, all surfaces of the object need to be exposed inside the polisher. In such a cage as this, the items will "fall" and touch each other face-to-back, and the polishing material will never get between the discs, defeating the ability to be polished.