Problem with upload scale

Discussion in 'Design and Modeling' started by hunterseeker5, Jan 24, 2012.

1. hunterseeker5
    hunterseeker5 Active Member
    I have a design which doesn't seem to be uploading in the write size. The file was originally created in inches in a .ipt file, but converted to a .stl file to prep it for upload. It comes out the wrong size when I select inches and mm. Selecting meters results in something FAR too large. (shocking I know) Looking at the listed dimensions though it occurred to me that the file probably ended up in centimeters somehow. Is there any way we could get a centimeters option for uploads, or is there any way to convert a .stl file from cm to mm?

Thanks in advance.

2. hunterseeker5
    hunterseeker5 Active Member
    Fixed the scale in another CAD program. This thread can be deleted.

3. If you decide to use Blender for this, there are two things I had to do when I had this problem getting STL files out of Blender and uploaded here with the right size.

First, I had to scale Blender to use metrics and adjust the size of the object's dimensions correctly on the x,y, and z axis'. You'll know you've done this correctly in Blender because the x,y,z scale values will change. You'll also need to specify "meter" instead of millimeter when uploading here as that's the base unit in Blender.

Hope that helps.