3d Printed Irish Train

Discussion in 'My Shapeways Order Arrived' started by BenRaceyModelling, Jan 2, 2012.

1. A combination of some 3d prints some of you will have seen before. The difference now is that I've printed off a locomotive, and 3 carriages to make a printed train....

For those into irish railways, the Locomotive is a Cork Bandon and South Coast Railway 4-6-0 tank, printed including the chassis and body, with plastic detail overlays, motor and wheels fitted, as well as brass fittings.

The carriages are two Great Northern Railway of Ireland K15 coaches, again completely 3d printed including the bogies, with only smaller items, such as roof ventilators and wire handrails.

The brake van at the back is another Great Northern Railway of Ireland carriage, an M1 van, again it's completely 3d printed with only small items such as roof ventilators couplings and wheels not printed.

For further details, see my pages on shapeways or website ; www.glr3dmodeldesign.co.uk

Oh, and happy new year everyone, here's to some more 3d printed wonderfulness this year!

Regards

Richard.

train 1.JPG
    train 2.JPG

2. coaster
    coaster Well-Known Member
    Great stuff.
    Im doing similar in NZ120,hope it turns out somewhere near as good as yours,

Brilliant!!

Stu

3. Cheers Stu, be good to see your stuff on the forum when ready!

Regards

richard.

4. ]Hi all,

A few photos of progress on another irish locomive, the GNRi JT class 2-4-2 tank. 3d printed basic bodyshell, plasticard overlays and brass castings for the chimney, dome etc. chassis is White detail from shapeways, this has romford wheels and 3d printed brass connecting rods

GNRi JT v2.JPG

Also, I've been making some progress on a couple of GNRi coaches, the M2 van:

unpainted:

M2 1.JPG M2 Van Unpainted V1.JPG

and painted:

M2 Van 1.JPG

M2 Van 2.JPG

This coach is 3d printed in white, strong and flexible, apart from wheels, roof vents, buffer heads and bogie mounting screws. It's looking pretty good, I think and will be on sale soon via Shapeways.

Also, a new GNRi all third - a K1 class coach, this also will be on sale via Shapeways when I'm happy with it.

K1 Coach unpainted.JPG
    K1 Coach unpainted.JPG

Regards

Richard.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2013