full color sandstone and multiple parts

Discussion in 'Materials' started by christopherlowe, Dec 13, 2011.

1. i want to print a bunch of beads in color, in sandstone, i couldn't find anywhere that tells of multiple parts that are not nested. i want to string them on a necklace and such so they need to be separate parts that are not stuck together...

barring multiple parts in one print i was going to connect them with a small connector twigs. i am wondering if anyone has had any experience doing this with full color sandstone? with the delicate nature of the print is there any use to even attempting this?

thanks.

2. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    I think with sandstone, you may be alright without connecting them. Let me check with Nancy.

Edit: she says to put them in some sort of cage. Something like this bearing https://www.shapeways.com/topics/udesign/design-rules/full_co lor_sandstone/wheel.jpg so that the parts can easily be collected from the print. I'm thinking, depending on your bead hole size, you could put them around a post, and just break the post. Your hole would have to be at least 3.8 mm? (2mm for the post and .9 each side clearance to not fuze)

Last edited: Dec 14, 2011