New bags and packing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by euphy, Dec 12, 2011.

1. euphy
    euphy Member
    Just wanted to say I love the new packaging - the bags are perfect, great quality, well designed and printed, and the quilted bubble packing is brilliant.

All in all, this is a much higher-class product, more high tech, more futuristic. Just like shapeways should always have been!

Good work folks, impressed,
    Sandy Noble

2. 35112_deleted
    35112_deleted Member
    I fully agree. Not having to unstaple the card bag toppers is so much more user friendly as well. Saving up the quilted bubble sheets for future use

As the bags seem to be of a slightly heavier gauge plastic, I think they'll get many years use. Unless they are bio-degradable with a limited life before disintegrating? After a local supermarket changed over to biodegradable I put some bits in a bag in the loft and 18 months later it fell apart when I picked it up!

Perhaps someone at Shapeways could let us know a ball park figure on how long the bags and quilts are likely to be re-usable?

Many thanks

Andrew

3. 9694_deleted
    9694_deleted Member
    Oooh, thank you guys! Glad you're liking the new look.

I've sent these questions over to Kegan, our Distribution Team Lead, and hope to have some info for you soon. :)

4. Kegan
    Kegan Member
    Hey guys! So psyched to hear you like the new packaging. There's still refinement to go, but we're making headway, and it's really exciting. As far as the bags go, please save and reuse! We went with a heavier grade polypropolene to better protect your product, and while recyclable, it should be good for quite some time.

5. euphy
    euphy Member
    I'm not that bothered about reusing - nice to be able to do, but if I need lots of bags, I'm not about to rely on the free ones I get with other products.

What I do like is the presentability of the new bags - they are professional and stylish enough to add value to the product. I wouldn't even mind my own products being presented in them.