I received my weekly order

Discussion in 'My Shapeways Order Arrived' started by tempusr15819_2511ab8a5d7, Mar 11, 2009.

1. I received my weekly order and I was more than happy to discover that really cool object:

Soap Dish

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thank you Shapeways team :p

2. daddymack
    daddymack Member
    Wow it's beautiful Emm@nuel... How thin are the forms? is it stable?

3. Thank you Daddymack.

For the thickness of the spokes I would say about 0.4mm, I think that is the limit of what can be done with the 3D printer EOS Formiga P 100.

This model is amazing, it is flexible but also very stable (you can put a 1kg soap on it, it will not deform but I know, finding a 1 kg soap is not easy :D ).

In addition this object is extremely sensual, very pleasant to touch.

Once again I am very impressed by the possibilities offered by Shapeways, it's good for me because I love pushing the limits !

4. Jettuh
    Jettuh Well-Known Member
    wow, 0.4mm!
    thought that it wouldn't be possible :cool: (0.7mm was the minimum i thought?)

looks very cool!
    what was the price?

5. May be it's a little bit more, difficult to say. I don't know how to measure thickness with Blender, if someone know...

Price is From $ 33.77 but with a huge markup for me :D

6. 15837_deleted
    15837_deleted Member
    Very nice, very nice!! But it must be terrible to clean it from when the soap gets wet and runs through! :)

I printed my 3D heads with a very thin shell. When I measured the printed models they were roughly 0.5 mm. That seemed to work just fine. No worries there. I assume most printers CAN print very well, but they always put a margin to avoid complaints.

7. 7980_deleted
    7980_deleted Member
    This model is beautiful. I really like when people can take a seemingly mundane object and turn it into something as sculptural as this.
    I've been trying to make a similar object in 3DS max involving an array of similar shapes around a central point, but so far I've had a hard time getting it to work the way I want. How difficult was this to make, and was in done entirely in Blender?