Lead times wrong

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by lensman, Nov 26, 2011.

1. lensman
    lensman Well-Known Member
    Since your recent Blog entries don't allow comments (not until the Sake Set post) I was unable to comment on the Lead Times entry.

Coloured Sandstone is definitely NOT on time. One piece that was scheduled for delivery on 18th Nov arrived yesterday in the evening of 25th. I have another piece that was supposedly to be delivered two days ago and it hasn't even shipped.

Glenn

2. lensman
    SHAPEWAYS please update your materials status page - still no change since 21st Nov...

Another full-colour sandstone model I ordered on 10th Nov is noted with a delivery date of 24th Nov. Here we are on the 29th and the model is still only marked as "Accepted" - not even "In Production" !!

Glenn

3. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    I've forwarded your question on, we'll see if there is a delay or if it's a twice in a while type of thing.

4. lensman
    Thanks. I know that things do slip through and also that I've had models arrive that weren't even marked as shipped, so I'm hoping that this is the case!

Glenn

5. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    Ok, talked to Nancy and she said about 5% of orders are showing up late because of reprints or holds by the customer. So it's looking like your models had to be reprinted for one reason or another. If you send support your order numbers they can find out more.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2011
  6. lensman
    Thanks. I wonder if the reprints are due to breakages. My last model had a small piece missing but fortunately it 'could' have been an intentional part of the design and I had to get it shipped to the UK. No time for a re-print.

Glenn

7. lensman
    Now "In Production" and "Shipped" same day !
    :D

8. 9694_deleted
    9694_deleted Member
    Good!

FYI, I know how important the Materials Status Page is to everyone. Just know that I'm working on details via our Supply Chain right now! ;)