Stainless steel model - crazy expensive

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by 110375_deleted, Nov 8, 2011.

1. I have a large model (38.3 x 6 x 17 cm) that is fully hollow (the walls are set to the minimum of stainless steel thickness, i.e. 3mm so that it doesn't get rejected). It's showing a price of $26,000. Surely, that can't be right??

2. bartv
    bartv Member
    DId you leave a hole in the walls so that the unused powder can be removed? If not, our software will treat your object as a solid volume.

Bart

3. I did - there are three holes in the model. I am attaching it with this message - perhaps you can spot something that I have missed?

Attached Files:

4. bartv
    bartv Member
    Sorry, but could you upload that as an .stl?

Thanks!

Bart

5. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    I converted to .obj and .stl both are in this zip

Attached Files:

6. Any thoughts on this?

7. The STL looks horrible in netfabb... :eek:
    More then 2.8k errors... no good...

8. Kasss_Gnarl
    Kasss_Gnarl Member
    Hi baldr,

I had a look at the Sketchup file and found quite a few issues, mainly where individual componets were just sitting next to each other, un-attached. I have fixed the issues that I could see, so hopefully it will have helped bring the cost down a bit. Please give the model a check to make sure that I havent changed anything that was essential to the design of the part while I was fixing bits.

Attached Files:

9. Thanks, I appreciate the help. The cost is still prohibitive ($3700) though much better than the initial estimate.

10. Kasss_Gnarl
    Kasss_Gnarl Member
    Not a problem, glad to do it. :)