Changing Billing Address and Country

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by tebee, Nov 7, 2011.

1. tebee
    tebee Well-Known Member
    I'm about to go and spend a few months in the far east, now I'm still going to be working on my stuff while I'm over there, one of the advantages of having an internet based business. But if I want to order any of my things while I'm there I'm going to run into the shipping country does not match my billing country problem.

So can I change my billing address to one in a different country? Or will this break something in Shapeways systems ????

Tom

2. RalphVdB
    RalphVdB Well-Known Member CS Team
    Hi Tebee,

Good question!

Unfortunately it is not possible to have a the shipping address in a different country then your billing address.

E.g. Billing address is in country A then the shipping address should be in country A as well. This is not something Shapeways has come up with, but this is due to the international rules Creditcard companies and paypal use regarding VAT

A workaround is that you have a credit card which has an address in country you leaving to. Does this help you out?

Cheers, Ralph

3. tebee
    tebee Well-Known Member
    I already have another account with the Thai address on it and have successfully shipped an order to it ( using my French Paypal !)

The problem is if I order anything with mark-up on it from that other account I'll have to pay the price + the mark-up. So I was wondering if I could just temporarily change my billing address for my main account to the Thai one and order using that.

What I was worried was whether it would mess up other parts of the Shapeways system - Like mark-up payments and whether they were liable for vat or not.

Tom

4. RalphVdB
    RalphVdB Well-Known Member CS Team
    Hi Tebee,

I just checked with our finance department. You should be able to change the billing address to the Thai one without any problems ;)

Good luck!