Australian Jeweller says Hi ^_^

Discussion in 'Newcomers Lounge' started by 112780_deleted, Nov 4, 2011.

1. Hi everyone!

Well, for the last week i have been busy on Rhino3d, Photoshop & Shapeways building my new shop! I hope its well recieved, i have already placed orders for my pieces and eagerly await their arrival!
    I know some friends of mine are into this kind of art, and unfortunately its not the first time its been done, but after a clever innovation i feel i have made the design my own ^_^

Really looking forward to some feedback from you guys&girls

Kind Regards,

Joel

2. unellenu
    unellenu Member
    Hi stranger welcome to Shapeways!
    What a coincidence I work in Jewellery in Australia too
    :) Janelle

3. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    Welcome Joel. I'm no Jeweler, but I pretend to be :p. Can't wait to see your innovations in the it arrived section.

4. erckgillis
    erckgillis Member
    Welcome to both ya'll from Dallas!

:D

LOL I love the idea and perhaps I need to do some 2 part projects. Gives me some ideas for a post printing process to add a magnet to join the jewelry "halves"....hummm...

5. Hi everyone!

Wow, I'm suprised at how much activity there is on the forums :) good to see :)
    Hi Janelle ^_^

Dont worry, i pretend to be too, i just get paid to do it from 9-5 :p

With a medium like what shapeways provides, 2 part pieces (or more) are a good way to make more unique designs i think :) i once made an pendant (in 18ct gold) a few years back with magnets and movement... never again! You know how they say in tv "never work with animals and children"... its exactly like that for me with magnets and mechanics with gold. Such a head ache remembering which polarity is on which side of the magnet and then when it moves where will it be... ohhh im getting a head ache remembering it : :eek:

Well, in a couple weeks hopefully my 2 parts will arrive and i can post in the "it arrived" section mounted to my wall with a small tutorial i suppose ^_^

6. duann
    duann Member
    Welcome Ninja Star..

Great to see more Aussies setting up shop.

I did some experiments with 3D printed Stainless Steel and Magnets for broaches that worked a treat till I put the piece in the fire to you know' blacken it. At which point I discovered that high temperatures makes magnets considerably less magnetic.....

Good luck with your Shapeways sales. Looking forward to seeing your ninja action arrive...

7. My goods have been shipped! how exciting ^_^
    as soon as i get them i will post pics in "it arrived"

8. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    It's a race! Mine went into production I think Tuesday? Any clue as to what to expect?

9. unellenu
    unellenu Member
    I look forward to seeing them!
    :) Janelle

10. Me too!

im expecting a puzzle piece fit between the 2 parts, also a very easy method for finishing the product :)
    hopefully it works out