Need modeler for a full size robot helmet

Discussion in '3D Design Requests' started by 112683_deleted, Oct 31, 2011.

1. Hello there and thanks for checking out this thread. We are small IT company and we are planning an ad campaign featuring our mascot robot seen here: http://robo6k.com/

We want to create the robot head as a helmet/mask combo but the problem is I have no idea where to start looking for an artist that can take this 2d image and turn it into a 3d one for printing. Is this even possible or am I dreaming too hard?

Can anyone here give me some tips?

Thanks!

Last edited: Nov 1, 2011
  2. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    You want it life size? That would be pricey. I'll move this to Modeler needed so you will get more people that can help.

3. Thank you for the move, and yes it needs to be life size, movie prop quality. It can be plastic. I understand it could be pricey and this is part of our attempt to budget the project out.

4. HyperForm
    HyperForm Member
    Hi there.

Do you have any additional drawings or some concept art of the helmet/robot ? Or the details are something you'd like to be worked out by the modeler ?

Basically as I see it is to take some real life helmet, possibly with a movable "face mask", and just build the outer layer in 3d, so at least you'll have all the shapes and inner straps as they should be.
    I personally think it's doable and I could give it a try, though additional drawings/sketches would help a lot.

5. Hello HyperForm,

Unfortunately no, I don't have any other artwork of the robot, all we have is what you see on the site although I can get you many different resolutions of the image. The details would need to be worked out by the rendering artist.

I like the 2 piece mask and helmet idea, it was one of my original concepts, although I'm not quite sure I understand what you mean about building the outer layer in 3d. Would both the mask and helmet not be rendered and printed in 3d or are you suggesting a different material/process to be used?

Thanks!
    Robo6k

6. HyperForm
    HyperForm Member
    I just thought it might be a good idea to buy some kind of a sports helmet (for biking, climbing etc. ), something that would already fit the desired functionality and design (and would be comfortable to wear) and attach the printed parts to that helmet. If the extra inch or so isn't a problem I think it might work pretty well.

7. Hmm, that's definitely something to look into. So, the printed object would cover both the helmet and the face? Are you talking about the helmets with the air holes in them? Will the holes be covered up?