new model- ANGEL in the architecture

Discussion in 'My Work In Progress' started by christopherlowe, Oct 9, 2011.

1. angel1.png wondering what people thought of my new ANGEL model?

2. angel2.png

3. angel3.png

4. angel4.png

5. The pose looks somehow dangerous, like an angry angel-of-death. [​IMG]

Anyway, (imo) the feet are somehow wrong. [​IMG]

6. I saw this a while back, but didn't offer a critique then. I apologize - I thought of a few things, but did not say anything.

I like the wings - they are fantastic. The pose is interesting, as well, although I must agree it looks dangerous.

Things that I believe could use improvement:
    The bust appears odd. It's like the cloth is bunched up underneath, which is unnatural without a tie of some sort to hold it there. Imagine gravity affecting the cloth - try draping cloth over household objects and watch how it flows. Some other effect must be occurring for the cloth to appear as it does. I suggest either adding some sort of "cinch" under the bust if that is desired, or make the cloth hang more straight down.

Thickness. It looks like you have a very thin dress - that won't print well. I don't know what program you are using, but in Blender, I would use the "Solidify" modifer to turn a shell into a solid, watertight object. The same goes for the hair. You can use the basic version of netfabb to measure and ensure that the thickness meets the minimums for your desired material. Be sure to check the fingers and the wings - I've had issues getting properly proportioned humanoid models with printable fingers. Also, I note that the left ankle necks down quite a bit - that could be a weak point for the model (my first humanoid female model broke at the ankles)

Finally, as a presentation thing, see if you can come up with a nice base for the model - a rectangle is simple, but a little more effort on the base makes a big difference in presentation. I personally think that beveling looks nice, and I tend to use a shape with 8 or more sides.

Hope this helps, and sorry I didn't take the effort to post a few weeks ago.