Bulk Edit Markup is Live

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by 9694_deleted, Sep 29, 2011.

1. 9694_deleted
    9694_deleted Member
    Hey guys, the CSV tool is live. I'm posting this for Nancy, and have included a screen cap to help show everyone where everything is. We've worked hard, and we hope this helps!:

Hello all!

After another week of passionate and hard working dedication, the Dev Team is happy to release some amazing new features!

First, we have the long awaited Bulk Edit Markup by CSV (comma separated values) feature--look in the My Shop section. This allows you to download a CSV of models that are up for sale (either publically or privately for sale), you can import that file into your spreadsheet editor of choice, edit the markups in bulk and upload back to Shapeways. With a few Spreadsheet Formulas, you can do things like set all your margins to 10% and round up to the nearest $0.99. Depending on your Spreadsheet Wizardry, you can hack together a lot more complex markup structures.

One thing to note, if you are using Excel, save your files as "Windows Comma Separated (*.csv)" please.

Second, we are happy to announce a new top navigational bar and a new footer. In the upcoming months, the site will be improving rapidly with better usability features. We want to help drive more traffic to your shops and help your shoppers, your customers have a better experience of Shapeways. The new top navigational bar is simpler, cleaner and will create a better creating and shopping experience for all.

Last, in this release we have also released a bunch of bug fixes and site optimization to make the site load quicker.

Enjoy the new features!

Best,
    Nancy

Attached Files:

2. mctrivia
    mctrivia Well-Known Member
    screen capture.jpg

also aparently added a tone of bugs to the forum

3. mctrivia
    using firefix and windows 7

screen capture 2.jpg

Last edited: Sep 29, 2011
  4. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    Hmm everything looks ok so far on FF 7 for XP.

5. mctrivia
    Problem fixed. Turns out system cashed old css and this caused conflicts as I was online as the updates were made.

6. virtox
    virtox Active Member Moderator
  7. stop4stuff
    stop4stuff Well-Known Member
    The mist in my mind is starting to clear...
    Would a php script make this csv thing easier?
    Does Shapeways have anything in place that prevents a php script from pretending to be a browser for full on interactive (live) updating of the csv tool/file/thingy?
    Just asking.

8. mctrivia
    Nope I have use curl commands to download pages off shapeways. Though I have yet to login this way.

However nice thing with CSV is it is really easy to make a php script that could read the csv file make the desired changes and return a new csv file. Saving all the trouble of parsing shapeways site.

Also people can write excel files you can cut and paste data into. This is the method I am using at present.

9. 65166_deleted
    65166_deleted Member
    Important Update:

Hey guys, there's been a few bugs surfacing in the pricing calculation for the CSV markup tool. Because of our complicated pricing structure (minimum orders, start up fees, density discount, volume discounts, etc. etc.) the pricing calculator for the markup tool is running into some issues. We are trouble shooting this as I'm writing this, and I will update you intermittently on the issue.

Right now, the markup upload still works (when you upload $5 markup, you get $5 markup). The volume information is accurate for those who want to calculate pricing themselves. However, we are fixing this so you see accurate pricing--both for your current price and future price.

I apologize for the inconvenience. If you found any more issues, please feel free to email me at nancy@shapeways.com.

Thanks,
    Nancy

10. 65166_deleted
    65166_deleted Member
    Also Important Update

The issues mentioned in the above posts are FIXED! If you see anymore weirdness, please let me know. The prices are giving the right numbers. Please note though, these prices do not include VAT/Sales Tax. Since your shoppers can come from anywhere in the world, we can't estimate what the VAT is.

Last, if this wasn't clear already. You can sort and filter out rows. So even if you downloaded 100 rows of data, if you only want to filter out all but 5 rows, and then sort them. That's totally fine. The spreadsheet will only update the rows you upload.

Thanks all!
    Nancy

11. mctrivia
    Just tried uploading a file. Said my markup was $0 on everything even though that is not what was in my CSV. Think you need to check your program. Will send csv file to ann so you can check example.

12. woody64
    woody64 Well-Known Member
    ... only if somebody runs in the same troubles.

When opening with Openoffice you have to take care on the right interpretation of "," and ".".
    For me it leads to some values interpreted as datum.
    (Changing "," to ";" and "." to "," leads to better results. Haven't checked if there is an easier way.

Woody64

13. Magic
    Magic Well-Known Member
    Being in France I have the same issue:
    - I have to transform . into , and , into ; before applying my formulas
    - I have to transform back , into . and ; into , before uploading the cvs
    :(

14. Kaetemi
    Kaetemi Member
    Titles with " characters in them need to be stored as "" (2 quote characters) in the csv file. Currently they somewhat break with the begin/end quote character.

15. mctrivia
    found problem. If for some reason the dollar symbol is included in markup field the programers did not have enough forsite to check for this and remove. Instead it did show $0 and now shows error. Come on guys.

Code:

$string='$5.63';  //or for the french $string='5,63$';

$patterns = array();
    $patterns[0] = '/\$/';
    $patterns[1] = '/,/';
    $replacements = array();
    $replacements[2] = '';
    $replacements[1] = '.';

echo preg_replace($patterns, $replacements, $string);

//result=5.63

not the cleverest way but even you should be able to understand how this works. Simple error checking does not mean detect if not number. It means check and fix common format types then check if not a number.

16. pete
    pete Shapeways Employee CEO
    Dev team is fixing it. Thanks for the feedback

17. pete
    Guys, quick update, we are releasing quite a few bugfixes in the next 2-3 hours. Will confirm after go-live.

Thanks for hanging in there.

Pete

18. BillBedford
    BillBedford Member
    Hope you are getting paid overtime for all this........

19. pete
    We just went live!

- CSV tool parsing errors resolved
    - some facebook js errors fixed
    - shopping cart caching issues with # of items fixed
    - selected materials for co-creators do not save fixed
    - Sales Tax info not showing up in the order confirmation page fixed
    - Wrong base price pops up when I first check material as available fixed
    - Co Creators do not show the right price on site -fixed

More bugs to be fixed early this week!

Pete

PS: Overtime? Nah - just some kudos hopefully!

20. mctrivia
    Have not checked yet. But nice to see that someone at shapeways is trying to fix bugs instead of making new ones.