UPS shipping notifications?

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by stop4stuff, Sep 27, 2011.

1. stop4stuff
    stop4stuff Well-Known Member
    I received a delivery yesterday, the 'Your model has been shipped' email arrived on Friday, but there was no UPS tracking email notification, luckily, UPS delivered just before I went out.

I also received more 'Your model has been shipped' email notifications yesterday (4 models I ordered), but again there's no UPS tracking email.

Is this part of the changes to streamline the delivery process or has something gone awry?

Cheers,
    Paul

2. virtox
    virtox Active Member Moderator
    I do get all the individual model shipping emails.
    But for my last three orders, only the first got a UPS tracking email.
    The my orders page also does not show UPS nrs for latest orders.

3. aegidian
    aegidian Member
    I've had a similar thing happen, with two orders now not having UPS tracking numbers emailed out.

Contacting customer service I got a tracking number for my most recent order, fortunately the package had already arrived, but I still needed to see who had signed for it.

Shapeways need to sort out this aspect of the delivery process ASAP.

4. noc146
    noc146 Member
    Ditto, I had a notification from Shapeways on Friday 23rd, but nothing from UPS. On Monday 26th at 1330, regular as clockwork, the UPS man arrived, but there had been no tracking email from UPS.

5. TomZ
    TomZ Member
    Yep, I also got two orders shipped on the 22nd for which I did not get a tracking email.

6. 71298_deleted
    71298_deleted Member
    same here, out of my past 10 orders, 3 ups shipping notifications where send..

7. Same here. Never got UPS-Notifications. Luckily there is almost always someone in our house. :rolleyes:

8. TreadshotA1
    TreadshotA1 Member
    Echoing everyone else. Got my order in last week, just showed up out of the blue, no UPS notice at all. The Shapeways "your model has been shipped" notice came through as usual. Thankfully my dad was home at the time to collect the parcel.

Made me very happy to get something after my first exam, but also very shocked at how Shapeways is continuing their trend of releasing bug after bug after bug, and now it's even happening in the delivery system. Creepy, though I'm glad my models got here safe and sound. Just, please, don't leave us in the dark again. There's nothing worse than missing a parcel and having to wait a whole extra day for it.

9. tebee
    tebee Well-Known Member
    I noticed that although we are still not getting shipping notifications a link to UPS website to track the parcel has appeared in the "My Orders" section.

However for the last order, which I was notified was being shipped yesterday, that field is blank.

I assume it has been shipped but don't know whether to wait in for it today or not - we will see if anything arrives!

10. I just now received a mail that my product was shipped. After looking into "My Orders" this morning and still seeing "In production", I immediately looked there now and to my surprise there was a tracking number for the first time! I clicked it and what did I see: UPS tried to DELIVER my shipment 4 hours BEFORE that mail! :mad:

Guys, can you please and once and for all fix that notification thing! It is really annoying!

Thomas

11. duann
    duann Member
    Hey Thomas,

We are in the prices of working on finer grain notification of product status.

Apologies for the frustrations as we get it into place.

Thanks for you patience.

12. stop4stuff
    Hi Duann,

It may not be the Shapeways process notifications that are at fault here.

As far as I can tell it has been over a month now with no UPS shipping notifications be sent to buyers... this can cause the buyer to face re-delivery charges by UPS.

This effects not only us designers waiting for our products, but all buyers.

The information on the shipping support page is wrong "You will receive a UPS tracking email once we have shipped your order. You can use this email to track your package. It also has the UPS details of your order in it should there be any issues with the UPS delivery.", imo, this information should be updated with the current state of affairs so that all buyers are in the know.

Paul

13. duann
    duann Member
    Hey Paul.

I received notification of a delivery last week, so maybe it is being solved?

14. stop4stuff
    The UPS tracking notification email or the Shapeways shipping email?

15. duann
    duann Member
    UPS,

Not sure if I got one from Shapeways (I get a lot :) and would have deleted it once I had the UPS code.

16. stop4stuff
    Cool, I await my latest shipping + tracking notifications with anticipation :)

17. stop4stuff
    Latest news:

Shapeways shipping rmail.
    UPS tracking number in My Orders
    No UPS tracking email :(

(and its nothing to do with me using IE8.0)

18. BillBedford
    BillBedford Member
    Some with me.
    Clicking on the tracking number on the order page takes you to the UPS tracking page.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2011
  19. stop4stuff
    Well my package was on its way and due to be delivered yesterday... but now its 'held in wharehouse'. Anyone know why that might be?

held-in-warehouse.jpg

[edit]Update - I just got off the phone with UPS, my package is held up by UK Customs and won't likely be released til monday :(

Last edited: Nov 4, 2011
  20. stannum
    stannum Well-Known Member
    Customs? What kind of joke is this?