Any options for the Default Image

Discussion in 'Shapeways Shops' started by 49544_deleted, Sep 26, 2011.

1. 49544_deleted
    49544_deleted Member
    Hi All.

Hoping to make sure I am not missing anything.

Do I have an option to create my own render settings for the default image by any chance?

I have photos of an actual model and in some ways it seems weird to have the default grey render with the relatively arbitrary axon view.

Do I have any options here like making it look like chrome or setting some other view or something equally goofy or spiffy/

Thanks!

2. stop4stuff
    stop4stuff Well-Known Member
    There's no settings to make the standard grey image more 'spiffy', but you can upload an image (be it photo or render) and set that as the default image - goto the model page, click edit to 'on' (upper right of page), upload new image, refresh the page after waiting a bit (there's no indication for the upload progress or success) and then click the radio button next to the image to make it the default image.

3. 49544_deleted
    49544_deleted Member
    Thank you.

I assumed this was the case but I wanted to check. Thanks for confirming.

Maybe I can put in a request for a two tone background or something : )

Cheers and big thanks.

4. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    It's a Blender render, so you could render you own similar image with a 2 tone background.

5. duann
    duann Member
  6. Hi Duann.

Thank you. Just so I am clear, this would not take the place of the default image it would be in addition to the Default, yes?

Also, can I please ask you how I get to the Show All My Messages portion of the Forum? Another user showed me how to get there when clicking on my name while actually in the forum when I am actually in a thread I participated in but how do I get there from my home page or from the pulldowns? I am not finding this for some reason.

Thanks.

Jon

7. Youknowwho4eva

Jon,

It wouldn't replace your default, you can upload the image in your models edit section, and set which image you want to show to buyers first.

Your second part (that was me!) I'm not seeing it anywhere else either. You can save this link some where https://www.shapeways.com/forum/index.php?t=showposts&id= 24108& (that's the link to your messages) and if indeed it doesn't exist, I'll suggest that it be added.

8. Thank you so much for the help.

Yeah, I am finding the finding of all my posts to be a little weird.
    I get an email prompt that says there is a response, so I click on this and it shows me the thread, then I want to respond to the thread and I have to login, then it puts me on my home page?

Then I have to pulldown to the url bookmark for all my posts and I have to find the post that I just saw twice already?

I am not great at these things sometimes and I definitely don't want to sound like I am cranky (because I am only rarely cranky) but I guess I want to make sure there isn't a better way to do this.

It think maybe I can minimize the clicks here if I am smart?

Probably when I get the mail I should just go straight to my browser and pull up the All My Posts and then find it that way?

Thanks,

Jon

9. Youknowwho4eva
    I think there are 2 easier solutions. When you log in set it to stay logged in, so when you click the link you will already be logged in, or if you don't wish to remain logged in, log in then go to your email and click the link. You can also note the path of the post at the top of the page so you can find it easily after logging in. Like this one at the top says Home » Community » Shapeways Shops » Any options for the Default Image.

You have been far from cranky in my experience, just searching for answers.

10. Perfect. Thank you very much. Great help.

Thanks!

11. stannum
    stannum Well-Known Member
    What about, after logging, using the back button/menu in your browser to go back to the post?

12. stop4stuff
    stop4stuff Well-Known Member
    +1 stannum, that's what I do too [​IMG]

13. thanks. nice. glad i asked and thanks a ton for the help!