Shop is still very quiet

Discussion in 'Shapeways Shops' started by tebee, Sep 19, 2011.

1. tebee
    tebee Well-Known Member
    I've noticed the numbers visiting my shop are continuing to decline, though sales, while at a much lower level than before, are still holding up. In fact last month, had I not had a large number of models cancelled in production, I would have had a decent increase in my sales income.

Now I'm concentrating more on my ebay sales and setting up my own online shop so I'm not publicising the shop like i was doing.

So is this decline general or is it just me neglecting things?

Tom

2. virtox
    virtox Active Member Moderator
    I think the model page google analytics is broken.
    Shop home stats still work.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2011
  3. tebee
    tebee Well-Known Member
    But if it were that it would show as a decline just for the last few days - I'm over 20% for the whole month and it looks to be still declining, and this is the time of year I should be starting to get busier.

4. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    Hmm for some reason this weekend my store dropped to 0 visits according to google. Which is real odd because of the number of new people that showed great interest at MF this weekend, and I don't think I've ever see 0 visits before...

Which makes even less sense because I didn't think about it, but I sold several items this weekend.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2011
  5. mctrivia
    mctrivia Well-Known Member
    i think analitics is broken. My sales this weekend have gone up also with 0 reported visits.

6. stannum
    stannum Well-Known Member
    And plain old SW visit counter per item is... dead? hidden?

7. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    It does appear that way. Maybe in the next update this will be returned

8. tebee
    tebee Well-Known Member
    Now strangely, I've only seen a minor reductions since the weekend - does that mean most people are looking at the categories or the overall shop in my case rather than the individual items ?

9. pete
    pete Shapeways Employee CEO
    Analytics got broken with the product details page release. Update will go live today or tomorrow... Sorry guys, bare with us, we will get those issues fixed

And FYI: In general total markup and total sales of shops is still growing strong! Keep promoting your shops guys, it is working!!

Last edited: Sep 21, 2011