New at this

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 6axlepwr, Sep 7, 2011.

1. 6axlepwr
    6axlepwr Member
    Tonight I uploaded a .zip file of my design. I do not see it in my account anywhere.

What did I do wrong?

I was logged in, I clicked on upload file, I answered all the questions and the file was uploaded. After that I went to my account and there is nothing.

???????????????

Is uploading your file the way you get Shapeways to give you a quote or do I need to send it to their sales department of something like that? I do not see any get a quote links.

Sorry for this lame question, but I am anxious to get something started. I have spent a long time designing, now I want to see it produced.

Thanks.

Brian

2. It takes a while - up to an hour or longer sometimes to show up under "My Designs". Has it been that long yet?

Last edited: Sep 7, 2011
  3. stop4stuff
    stop4stuff Well-Known Member
    Hi 6axlepwr,

Welcome to Shapeways! :)

Check your inbox, you will get two emails, the first 'Thanks for uploading a model' and the second will either be 'Your model xxx is now available' or 'There's a problem with your model'

At busy times, and/or with complex high poly count models the wait can be as much as 2 hours before the second email.

Hope this helps,
    Paul

4. Magic
    Magic Well-Known Member
    If you still have nothing, you can check you SPAM box, and if still nothing, check if the e-mail address your entered in the website is correct.

5. 6axlepwr
    6axlepwr Member
    Thanks all for the replies and information.

I was justa bit impatient and now understand how this works. From what I gather, the part goes through a check to make sure it is buildable before it shows up in my account.

My part showed about 10 minutes after I uploaded it.

Again, thanks.

Brian